What's new

Question LBSH, Who is higher on the tier list...Cyrax or Smoke?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
In all seriousness, no down playing at all, who do you think is higher on the tier list? Smoke or Cyrax?

Both can kill you with one combo, Both are deadly with one projectile, One has more offensive options (Cyrax) but the other has way better defensive options and counter zoning, which Cyrax struggles against.

If we were to create the LBSH Tier list, who would you put higher on the list and why?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Why? You all blatantly say Cyrax, but as games become more footsie based, I find that smoke has more mind games and ability to escape pressure.

I am honestly not sure who I would put higher, I just want to hear all of your reasons.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Cyrax. Dat d4 advantage. Dat antiair grab that makes Lao freer than 99cent stores during Black Friday.

Dat command grab. Dat +11 f+2. Dat projectile hitbox. Dat damage.

Cyrax has way better footsie tools than Smoke. Just because they both have good damage doesn't make them comparable.

He has so much tools the problem is choosing which ones. This makes him have infinitely more mind games.

And Cyrax isn't that free to lifeleads

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Cyrax has more and in my opinion better footsies, just that nobody really wants to use them because lol resets.

Better mind games too, by a pretty large margin IMO.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Both are around the same place imo.

• Cyrax's resets are easier to do
• Cyrax can D3~buzzsaw from a slight space in footsies guaranteed which nobody uses except for maxter. It's a 7f low/overhead mix up tool. GL whiff punishing that. This also plays the same roll as D3~Smoke Away except buzzsaw does chip and gives actual blockstun mix-up.
• Cyrax has ex net to drain meter on top of resets to stop the break
• cyrax has AA grab wake-up which is like a smoke towards but also anti-airs.
• Cyrax has command throw
• Cyrax has bombs to make the opponent at least MOVE when he doesn't have life lead

• Smoke has SB which is faster than net, they both do no chip however and SB only hits floor whereas Net has a good aerial hitbox.
• Smoke has resets as well, although slightly harder to do. They can be looped though which is a plus.
Both have no armor but Cyrax has a slightly smaller hitbox.
• Smoke is a better anti-zoner 100%

It all depends in the MU's. I think Cyrax probably does better against the higher tiers, which is very important in todays game. Smoke does beat Freddy and Cyrax himself but he loses to a bunch of top tiers because he can't put anything on screen and has bad defensive options. Because Cyrax can put something on screen (bombs + net) it really helps some MU's.

That's just my opinion. Both character are very good but Cyrax, at least to me, is superior.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm a simpleton. Thanks for the extra info Guamo. Here's the way I see it. You trade with cyrax = you still get that ass beat. You trade with smoke = at least he (shouldn't) still be able to combo/reset the fuck out of you.

Don't get me wrong, both of them are a pain in the ass to fight against, but if I was a bettin' man, I'd put it on Cyrax. His ability to control the screen is, imo, better than smoke's.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Both characters are broken. Smoke is pretty broken everywhere on the screen, but Cyrax is laughably broken up close. Your viewpoint will probably vary based on who your characters do better against. To me though, Cyrax is better because he rapes upclose and has way more bullshit in general (9 and 10 frame launchers, command-grab, d4 is +16 on hit, anti-air goes through projectiles, safe teleport setups, safe mixups, meter draining ex-net etc).

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Cyrax

He has better damage off of one bar, which is much more practical. Plus he has meter drain EX specials, decent footsies, insane rushdown. Smoke has the damage but not nearly as good tools as Cyrax.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
But lets say we have two top tier players. One Cyrax, one Smoke. Both can consistently land their resets as they are the best with their characters. (Ease of reset is not a factor as they are both practical) then what?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
But lets say we have two top tier players. One Cyrax, one Smoke. Both can consistently land their resets as they are the best with their characters. (Ease of reset is not a factor as they are both practical) then what?
I still think Cyrax. He's better up close and he can control the screen with that bomb bullshit, plus the fact that F2 is +11 on block and his footsies are nothing short of godlike. Smoke really doesn't have much compared to him. :/

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
In my book, Cyrax is 2 on the tier list after Kabal (which, imo, is the only character Cyrax loses to). Smoke is more like 6-7.

Peckapowa

Warrior
cyrax is top 3-4 upclose game because of his command grab, cyrax also gets outzoned by a bunch of characters, i think cyrax loses to sektor for sure and kabal and probably a couple more chars

smoke has holes in his upclose game but hes pretty nasty regardles because he can run away free;y... but he definetly loses to kabal, lao probably a few others like sonya or cage and i dont think hes as threaten ing up close, cyrax can kill you in like ten seconds...

i think smoke and cyrax are probably both within the realm of chracters like kenshi kabal kung lao and sonya that dominate this game

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Command grabs, invincible wake up ragdolls, bomb setups that blow you up for blocking, d4 buzzsaw, Plus the crazy resets, gotta go with Cyrax. at least Smoke you can dash block your way into a possible counter. Smoke bomb is really fast but does zero chip also.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
For sure Cyrax, Command Grab that lead into free jump in mix ups plus his D4 pressure, Air Throws AND that giant Net.

Smoke is definitely better as in can't be zoned, wins Smoke Bomb projectile trades and controls the air though.

Cyrax is the better character tier wise, 1 Net = get killed, his long D4 on hit = Command Grab/12/Grab mind games.