What's new

Tech - Displacer LAWD RAIDEN corner reversal tech.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Last edited:
Cool tech, but it seems really gimmicky though... If your opponent knows the tech, he would simply not use wakeup attack when you teleport and he could actually wake up with a string and punish your teleport on your way back.

It still could catch people offguard from time to time. Good job!

just_2swift

Cool tech, but it seems really gimmicky though... If your opponent knows the tech, he would simply not use wakeup attack when you teleport and he could actually wake up with a string and punish your teleport on your way back.

Also 112 can be tech rolled as well.

just_2swift

Also while playing displacer he still seems like he is lacking hard feels incomplete just my opinion. Hope isn't forgotten in the next update.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

You could use this once or twice so that they're aware it works then when you think they're going to try and blow you up for double teleporting, you teleport once then just grab or do a 50/50. Creating a mind game of "will he reverse my wakeup or just continue with his offence" :)

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Found this over the weekend long story short I think this is viable what does the raiden council think.

Inb4 "reptile ex slide bro hold that"

Also can be done meterless.

@DreadKnight1
@Chaosphere
@IMakeItL00kC00L
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@YOMI Reno_Racks
@Nivek
@TONY-T

If I forgot anyone tough titty. This is also my first thread ever so if it's sloppy I apologize. Discuss.
Very nice stuff, I knew raiden had reversal tech. The only things this won't work against are kung lao and other raidens I believe.

just_2swift

Very nice stuff, I knew raiden had reversal tech. The only things this won't work against are kung lao and other raidens I believe.
Thanks man. Haven't tried buzz saw ex spin yet but tempest will catch me with ex spin unless I use far tele for the second one instead then dash in and punish

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Is the AI just reversing directional inputs because it's AI and its execution is perfect? Vs human opponents, won't this cause an unwanted normal/ MB special to come out? I feel like I personally would go for a wake up back dash and get a run, catching those electric hands.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Looks a little suspicious to teleport yourself into the corner,I like it though. Not exactly revolutionary or a breakthrough but it'll catch people out. Good job, there is a problem of them punishing your 2nd teleport if they wake up with a string and also somewakeups have backside hit boxes so it's matchup specific.

just_2swift

Is the AI just reversing directional inputs because it's AI and its execution is perfect? Vs human opponents, won't this cause an unwanted normal/ MB special to come out? I feel like I personally would go for a wake up back dash and get a run, catching those electric hands.
The MB special will come out when you input one. You can back dash though but can't raiden punish it? I haven't tested it yet.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
The better way to do this (IMO) is with something i posted in a different thread, F12b2 F12B2 214xxEXdf2 F12B2xxdu into another du (or whatever starter)

Opponent cannot tech roll, you do not have to attempt to time the 2nd teleport either. more damage as well, although i would not do this meterless

just_2swift

Looks a little suspicious to teleport yourself into the corner,I like it though. Not exactly revolutionary or a breakthrough but it'll catch people out. Good job, there is a problem of them punishing your 2nd teleport if they wake up with a string and also somewakeups have backside hit boxes so it's matchup specific.
Thanks man. Nothing game breaking at all considering 112 can be tech rolled. Looking forward to truly mastering this variation.

just_2swift

The better way to do this (IMO) is with something i posted in a different thread, F12b2 F12B2 214xxEXdf2 F12B2xxdu into another du (or whatever starter)

Opponent cannot tech roll, you do not have to attempt to time the 2nd teleport either. more damage as well, although i would not do this meterless
Does it reverse wake ups.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Does it reverse wake ups.
Indeed it does. There are 2 other ways to do the wakeup reversal but not as consistent or useful as the one i posted. removing the tech roll is what really makes it good since it also works midscreen.

this is only good periodically and as a sort of surprise factor , moreso of a midscreen thing if you want my opinion. In the corner, human opponents cant visually distinguish where raiden is to do the wakeup input correctly and like people said, they get normals instead. midscreen they can see you move to the opposite side, make the decision to wakeup, and thats where the surprise factor comes in.

just_2swift

Indeed it does. There are 2 other ways to do the wakeup reversal but not as consistent or useful as the one i posted. removing the tech roll is what really makes it good since it also works midscreen.

this is only good periodically and as a sort of surprise factor , moreso of a midscreen thing if you want my opinion. In the corner, human opponents cant visually distinguish where raiden is to do the wakeup input correctly and like people said, they get normals instead. midscreen they can see you move to the opposite side, make the decision to wakeup, and thats where the surprise factor comes in.
There is no wake up correctly. It will reverse them but like the others said they can wake up with normals. The kicker here is when raiden teleports or teleports in front he doesn't have to teleport twice to fuck your wake ups

@BigMilk
@DreadKnight1
@B W1zZ
@IMakeItL00kC00L
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@YOMI Reno_Racks
@Nivek
@Chaosphere

Last edited:

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
How does it fuck up their wake up when you tele in front? My understanding of the front tele video is that you are plus enough to stuff the wake up with back 3, but I feel like I'm missing something.... Okay I looked at the frame data and thought I'd post it for everyone.

112 is +31 on hit, front tele is 2 start up and 18 recovery, so still +10 after tele, b3 3 is 8 on start up... that's super dirty.

If they are out of meter can some of the slower options be used to create a frame trap?

I feel like the same set up could be applied to MoS to use shock traps, but I'm not super familiar. I just mb traps on knockdown for the reset.

just_2swift

If they read that I'm going for double Tele they can punish my second Tele with standing normals. Me teleporting in front means nothing really they will still have to eat b33 if I go behind them. It's kinda hard to explain the Yomi layers for this because there is a lot of variables lol. But basically if I double teleport or not they are fucked if they choose to wake up in both scenarios. Get your shit reverse or broken. Tell daddy Ray how you want it.

just_2swift

How does it fuck up their wake up when you tele in front? My understanding of the front tele video is that you are plus enough to stuff the wake up with back 3, but I feel like I'm missing something.... Okay I looked at the frame data and thought I'd post it for everyone.

112 is +31 on hit, front tele is 2 start up and 18 recovery, so still +10 after tele, b3 3 is 8 on start up... that's super dirty.

If they are out of meter can some of the slower options be used to create a frame trap?

I feel like the same set up could be applied to MoS to use shock traps, but I'm not super familiar. I just mb traps on knockdown for the reset.
I haven't touched MoS yet but it immediately crossed my mind when I found this stuff.