What's new

Laptop Battery issue

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ok, long story short: My gf's laptop battery is completely dead and holds no charge. must always have it plugged in to use it. So i need to replace it. Of course the default HP stuff tells me i need the $130 replacement, but thats ridiculous.

The type of battery is: HP 6-cell Primary Battery (EV06) KS524AA

I checked on eBay and found a bunch of different "brands" but i dont know what from what. Any suggestions? Advice?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+6-cell+Primary+Battery+(EV06)+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

thanks in advance!

aj1701

Noob
Well I found that exact model for $60 on Amazon, brand new. I'll look around for non-HP models as well.

aj1701

Noob
[MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION], can you look at the label on the battery and post more details? I found the voltage, but there's some other electrical numbers I want to check if I send you to a non-HP brand. Just want to make everything is the same. Of course I wouldn't be able to vouch for quality of the aftermarket batteries, but I did get an AM one for an old Dell, that worked fine. It was doing the same thing, only worked when plugged in :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
[MENTION=2]Tim Static[/MENTION], can you look at the label on the battery and post more details? I found the voltage, but there's some other electrical numbers I want to check if I send you to a non-HP brand. Just want to make everything is the same. Of course I wouldn't be able to vouch for quality of the aftermarket batteries, but I did get an AM one for an old Dell, that worked fine. It was doing the same thing, only worked when plugged in :)
Bar code: CT 6 AQEB CC SM X6 OD9

10.8V

Anything else?