What's new

Lake Erie Summer Slam -- Cleveland OH 6/26/10 UMK3, SSFIV, NBA Jam, SB5 preview

Tim Static

Adminerator
(taken from http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=234580"]here @ SRK[/url])

Lake Erie Summer Slam -- Cleveland, OH -- Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why: The release of Super SFIV gives us the perfect time to host Cleveland's first event-oriented tournament in five long years. We hope to see all the familiar traveling faces, plus give many Cleveland players their first chance to experience the drama and saltiness of tournament play.

We're bringing back the arcade glory days as well with arcade-cabinet events, all in a unique, class, spacious venue, and run by a Cleveland staff with years of experience as both players and major-tournament organizers. Special events are in store as well -- more on this later.

Where: Fox & Hound Sports Restaurant (8735 Day Drive - Parma, OH 44129, 440-842-8840).
Directions
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/GhaleonUnlimited/Lake%20Erie%20Summer%20Slam/"]Venue pics[/URL] -- we have the entire south and west areas reserved. We have access to a large projection screen in our area to show Capcom and Season's Beatings entertainment all day and night.

What:
$10 venue fee. INCLUDES a trip to the appetizer area featuring:
• Grand Master Wings • Spinach Artichoke Dip • Spicy Chicken Billiard Sticks • Chips & Salsa

Please eat in moderation -- area is first-come, first-serve, but we will try to ensure everyone gets their fare share. As part of the tournament, players have access to the event menu with other dining choices. We will have dedicated servers, as well.

Official games: (start times TBD)
Tournament pot split is 70/20/10, excepting Smash (TBD by Smash director) and NBA Jam/WWF (80/20 splits). Double elimination. This is BYOC, but if you really need someone's stick you can probably find someone willing to loan you one. I will have a sanwa-powered Agetec for use in Marvel for those of you only with next-gen sticks.

Super Street Fighter IV (360) -- $10 entry (will start first, possibly 1:30 p.m.)
Super Street Fighter IV - 2 vs. 2 Team Tournament(360) -- $5/team (will start following SSFIV singles)
Street Fighter 2: HD Remix (360) -- $5 entry
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) -- $5 entry
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) -- TBD
NBA Jam, 2 on 2 teams (Arcade) -- $2/team
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade)-- $5 entry (+$50 bonus for 1st)
WWF Wrestlefest, 2 on 2 teams (Arcade) -- $2/team. This is a simple, fast, fun game anyone can pick up and play.

Side events to be run in BYOConsole area as time/demand allows.

Rules:
SSFIV - default everything
Tekken 6 - no bans. 60 seconds, 3/5 rounds, random stage
SF2:HDR -- Akuma banned
MvC2 - no game-breaking glitches. Juggs glitch allowed. Winner keeps same order but can switch-glitch
Brawl - TBD (supplied by King~, Smash director)
NBA Jam - Two quarters of play (roughly 5-minute games). Only codes allowed are shot display %, Big Head mode. Accidental input of an illedgal code results in game restart and a warning, twice = DQ. Because secret characters do not have altered stats despite what GameFAQs says, they are legal (e.g. Mark Turmell, Carlton, etc.). Auto-assist ON. No Secret Tank Game play during tournament
UMK3 - default everything
Wrestlefest - game defaults, no bans

We are also considering a SECOND SSFIV tournament after the first ends with a lower entry fee -- either a team tournament or a special rules set. Please post your feedback and suggestions.

This is a big place for a regional event, and our area is not physically closed off or constricting players to a small area. Large, free parking lot. Also features billiards, big-screen TVs and darts, and a great house draft beer called Amber Fox.

We might have a Japanese-style candy cab there as well with genuine Capcom CPS2 fighters -- no MAME. Nothing matches the intensity of battling shoulder-to-shoulder with an opponent, no matter if it's dollars or pride on the line.

Staff Roll:
Chris "Ghaleon" and Harmon "nomrah" -- co-directors
John "Nash/sflegend" -- Tekken director and support
King~ -- Smash director

Special thanks to Eric "chunblue" who if possible is providing Japanese candy cab for Capcom fighters; to Tim Static for bringing his UMK3 from Columbus; and to all locals and travelers who will be able to provide TVs and hardware; AND YOU

We're really excited to be running this in Cleveland this summer. Please PM me or Harmon if you have any questions, or get at me on Facebook preferably (Chris Ghaleon). More as our events develop. Please let me know what side games you'd like to see as well help us support the smaller games. Thanks everyone for considering making the trip, it should be a great time!

If we can get a decent prize for both Wrestlefest/NBA Jam, I might just make them free to promote people playing them and give the people just coming to pay for an SSFIV tourney something else to do.

Tim Static

Adminerator
more details to come, but you Cleveland fuckers better represent, especially if I am bringing my cab up from C-Bus. (I am throwing the bonus $50 to the UMK3 winner too) All aboard the hype train! :eek:

holy shit thats only 2 hours away from me!!! if i get my caR working by then i will probably go....i dont hav e an arcade stick tho i use 360 controller at home. Mock me if you must.

F3ARxChaRLie

Firefighter
Tim Static said:
more details to come, but you Cleveland fuckers better represent, especially if I am bringing my cab up from C-Bus. (I am throwing the bonus $50 to the UMK3 winner too) All aboard the hype train! :eek:
I would have love to show up and at least check the event out but I'm literally leaving for a trip to Boston the night before :(

F3ARxChaRLie

Firefighter
Tim Static said:
Only a couple days left....

CLEVELAND, OHIO WHERE YOU AT?
When you guys are in Cleveland be sure to check out the bar/grill called Melt. It's in Lakewood. Great place though. They just aired an episode of Man V. Food featuring that place.

Tim Static

Adminerator
F3ARxChaRLie said:
When you guys are in Cleveland be sure to check out the bar/grill called Melt. It's in Lakewood. Great place though. They just aired an episode of Man V. Food featuring that place.
yea some of the Cleveland guys were telling me about it. we might go take the melt challenge on Saturday night.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Great stuff guys, the stream and the commentary were truly amazing. Congrats to Chris and rouse for placing 1 and 2. I hope to see ya all at SB5.

AC1984 said:
Great stuff guys, the stream and the commentary were truly amazing. Congrats to Chris and rouse for placing 1 and 2. I hope to see ya all at SB5.
I wonder if that's the Rouse I've played online. Anyone have any vids of this?

Tim Static

Adminerator
OJuggernaut0 said:
I wonder if that's the Rouse I've played online. Anyone have any vids of this?
Professor Rouse, yes

i didnt even do that great but i would have beat him.

all i do know is i fucking suck and i need to fuckin play the game more.

hell not more, i need to just fucking keep playing it

Tim Static said:
Professor Rouse, yes

i didnt even do that great but i would have beat him.

Yeah that's him. I played him awhile back.

Good shit to all who played, and good shit to you Tim!

Dark_Rob

Noob
Tim Static said:

Its easy to get down on yourself bro. I do it to because im so far behind all the people I play like Shock,AC1984,9.95 and Summoning. Im sure youve seen me play Shock or AC on our casual streams. They can 100-0 me anytime they please. On one hand that can be disheartening. On the other hand these same people are quick to point out to me how far Ive come in only 4 months of playing this game. Also because I get to play them frequently Im probably learning at a faster rate than I would if i didnt have them.
Anyway dont get down on yourself bro, My favorite matches were our 5am casuals at ECT2. You dont suck, we all progress at different rates. Hopefully you can come to Summer Jam so we can get to play some more to.