What's new

Kung laos Roll

Espio

Kokomo
Instead of blocking, I always tried to make it whiff with my characters and whiff punish with a string, projectile or neutral jump punch into full combo of choice.

Wigy

There it is...
Instead of blocking, I always tried to make it whiff with my characters and whiff punish with a string, projectile or neutral jump punch into full combo of choice.

It's neutral on block and he can follow up with his 7 frame jab or spin so it's a big guessing game/risk and I don't know how Skarlet does versus him, but if it's at all possible to avoid the guessing game and blow him up I'd try that instead Scar.

Dude its -3 on block

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
FCP/EMP SCAR

Generally, if you read the roll, you punish it with a neutral jump-punch (like Sonya's cartwheel). Attempting to step back and whiff-punish is a tad tricky if you're already within range of the roll when Kung Lao throws it out. In this case, though, you're talking about on block.

Actually, Carl and I were just discussing Kung Lao's roll last week at CEO and he said it was -4 on block. So as his spin and X-ray are six frames, his fastest follow-up will activate in ten. Skarlet can't beat the spin out unless she initiates her armored EX Blood Dash, and the X-ray will always win unless you block, so this is where it comes down to a read. If Lao attempts to follow with a jab string (traditionally variations of his 1 1 2 1 and 2 1), those can be ducked. Otherwise, your best bet is to just d1, d3, or maybe do 1 1 4 or 1 1 2 into her Blood Dash mind-games as Skarlet's standing 1 is ten frames.

I'm no Skarlet player, so just thinking of what I can off the top of my head.

AssassiN

Noob
This is what sucks about Skarlet, the fact she does not have a fast hitting mid.
If I read roll, I go for F4 to counter it. On block I usually keep blocking or check with a D3, since she can't do much.

Doing a down dagger check or AA dagger(if you read jump) is also possible.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you read a Roll, Jump straight up to counter with NJP, if he do something else, quickly down dagger to keep safe FCP/EMP SCAR.

good luck for today i'm counting on you, i hope you improved your damage output, that was the propose of that last video.