What's new

Question - Kung Lao Kung lao vs possessed mu?

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Coming back from a brief hiatus due to other games being released (bf1,cod4 remaster, titanfall2, etc). I've been having alot of trouble with possessed. Any tips? I know the advancing string bug but any advice would help. I play buzzsaw mainly but also play tempest.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I was planning on labbing Possessed too, once finals are over. This is what I plan to look into:
Overhead/Low Special Start Ups and Negative Frames, frames on his teleport off of strings and my options against them, spacing of his push, and how to reverse his wake up. If you're just coming back to Lao, don't make my mistake and forget to use his B1 more often! Best of luck

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
From what I can tell so far, the matchup is bad for Kung Lao all-around.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
I was planning on labbing Possessed too, once finals are over. This is what I plan to look into:
Overhead/Low Special Start Ups and Negative Frames, frames on his teleport off of strings and my options against them, spacing of his push, and how to reverse his wake up. If you're just coming back to Lao, don't make my mistake and forget to use his B1 more often! Best of luck
B1 is so godlike now, definitely his best tool for punishes. Let me know if you find anything that's awesome. I'll do the same.

KrAdWeLL

Noob
Possessed is dope - I don't have any footage, but I can tell you as a Kenshi Main, I struggle against good Lao players.

Reactions: GAV
I think kung lao can spin or ex spin against possessed's teleport. Also, u can uppercut if kenshi isn't doing his njk after teleport and backdash any teleport attack.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Possessed is dope - I don't have any footage, but I can tell you as a Kenshi Main, I struggle against good Lao players.

Defending KL is about knowing his options. If you play as him for a stretch, you won't have much trouble defending against him anymore. If you react naturally, his options allow your opponent to eat you up - but if you know what he can do - you need to make a mental error in order for him to break through.