What's new

Kung Lao Advanced Strategies

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Wow, great vid, Lao definitely got some tricks up his sleeve.

I like your FT5 vid with Detroit where you actually use the delayed 1 armor strat. "GIMME DAT EXTRA ARMOR" :)

Somberness

Lights
can we get some numbers as to how long the armor lasts after EX teleport > late 1? Somberness?

I nearly fell out of my chair when you jumped over blade spin and dive kicked away and absorbed every single hit of it.
If you don't use a move, the armor lasts until frame 72. When doing the late throw, I've got armor lasting up to 92, but got hit at frame 95. I'd say 92-94 if it is always the same amount added.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
If you don't use a move, the armor lasts until frame 72. When doing the late throw, I've got armor lasting up to 92, but got hit at frame 95. I'd say 92-94 if it is always the same amount added.
awesome.

so, now, does the total number of armored frames depend on where the teleport started? For example EX teleport from the ground vs. EX teleport from the top of a jump?

Also, what is the duration of EX teleport > late 1? can we just say that it's close enough to the regular duration of EX teleport with no whiff? (81 frames)

this would give him roughly 11-13 frames of super armor after he has recovered from the late 1.

It seems he has more armor than just 11-13 frames because in the video (at 2:20), REO has enough time to step forward into baraka's spin and then hit him with b3, which is 11 frames on its own.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How much armor is there on Rain's EX superkick in comparison?

Somberness

Lights
How much armor is there on Rain's EX superkick in comparison?
Looks like just 30, not much more than that, if any. This includes cancelling out of it. But if you don't dash cancel it and hold the kick, you lose the armor earlier.

awesome.

so, now, does the total number of armored frames depend on where the teleport started? For example EX teleport from the ground vs. EX teleport from the top of a jump?

Also, what is the duration of EX teleport > late 1? can we just say that it's close enough to the regular duration of EX teleport with no whiff? (81 frames)

this would give him roughly 11-13 frames of super armor after he has recovered from the late 1.

It seems he has more armor than just 11-13 frames because in the video (at 2:20), REO has enough time to step forward into baraka's spin and then hit him with b3, which is 11 frames on its own.
I got 80 duration for it. There's also a pretty sizable gap in Baraka's spin where it doesn't hit.

Give me dat Noob tech, REO. With all these videos you must have some.

Really imformative video for non-Kung Lao mains, also. Thanks, REO.

Ex dive kick can easily be made consistent with a little practice but the problem is if people throw a projectile you get hit and lose your bar. Also the funny thing is, when I used it against my friend and he used Johnny cage, I landed right on an ex nutpunch.

MK_Al

Noob
Ex dive kick can easily be made consistent with a little practice but the problem is if people throw a projectile you get hit and lose your bar. Also the funny thing is, when I used it against my friend and he used Johnny cage, I landed right on an ex nutpunch.
Did you take double damage?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Wow...do I feel bad for picking up Kung Lao...

Edit: Just to clarify, i'm not bitching for nerfs as the extended armor is the only kind of armor that KL has anyway (besides his X).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is gold. I picked up Kung Lao after Final Round.

I want to do a video like this for Ermac for some things I found that are helpful.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
This is gold. I picked up Kung Lao after Final Round.

I want to do a video like this for Ermac for some things I found that are helpful.
Go for it man, the ermac forums have been dead for a while. It would be nice to see some new tech or strategies