What's new

Tech - Kenshi Kung Jin Knockdown Tech With Balanced and Kenjutsu

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie

Just trying to see if the Kung Jin knockdown tech works with Kenshi. It works best in Balanced, In Kenjutsu you can see the opponent stand up before the ji2 comes out so maybe you have to do the ji earlier. Unfortunately this does not work with Possessed unless you end with 4412 which you have to sacrifice significant damage in order to get that knockdown to work. In Balanced it works off your usual bnbs so nothing you have to change there. In Kenjutsu you have to sacrifice a little bit of damage to get the DF1 knockdown to hit but that has the issue I stated before when you get the knockdown, but you don't have to sacrifice all that much damage and you get the usual benefits of the DF1 knockdown so if you don't want to do this you still have the usual options. If there is a way to get this to work with Possessed let me know, if this has already been found for Kenshi also let me know and feel free to call a slow mofo. Thanks for your time.

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal
@MrProfDrPepper
@DarksydeDash
@ismael4790
@Yoaks
@Kenshi players I missed and forgot sorry lol

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Nice, man!

This seems very viable when the opponent has no meter (and no fast low profiling wakeup as Mileena for example, that can catch Kenshi if he mistimes a bit).

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
lab it. there's a significant amount of armor attacks where you can block them after landing and regardless, you don't always have meter
Thanks, I should've labbed it more, but thanks regardless. I wonder what attacks you can block after landing

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Good stuff, I love these jump back setups. I do this with slasher jason and lackey torr, and people delay wakeup all day long so I dash up on their body and wait like a full second before doing the jump back, it looks hilarious.

Forgot to mention some related tech...

If you immediately step into the sliding knockdown, you can NJP as soon as the opponents legs hit the ground to accomplish two things: 1) reverse their inputs & 2) beat their wake up (if they input correctly) and get a full combo. This works on most characters, even on armored wake ups, if timed correctly. This also beats most back dashes.

If you don't step in quickly enough, you won't get the input reversal, but you'll still beat a lot of wake ups with the NJP.

Good luck, and may your opponent fear your blade.