What's new

Krypt Questions and thoughts on Open-Variation Kompetition/Tournaments.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Quick one here:

Up to now I haven't spent any kurrency or messed with the krypt at all. Is it all random now or can you go to specific locations and unlock specific things?

Now on open variations: I see a lot of people thinking this would open up several match ups and make the game more interesting, but the reality of it is this; top players would just find the optimal combination of moves to equip and then everybody would play that set up. I base then on my experiences with the KAK system back in MK:Armageddon. In that game you could build your character from the ground up from a list of normals and specials, on paper it should have been very interesting, but in practice virtually every single KAK had the exact same move list, and the whole thing was considered a failure.
Maybe things would be different now but that was so bad that it's stuck in my memory.

Anyway that's all I got. Thank you for your time and input.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
  • both, some stuff is random, some is fixed.
  • I don't agree, it's way too playstyle dependant that simply finding an "optimal combination". Optimal for what? Damage? Then you have to let go some zoning tools. Zoning? Then you give up some combo potential. It's up to you really, that's the beauty of it.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Answeing to your krypt question
Koin chests are all random
Soul requirements are also random
Heart chests are not random and some people even wrote what and where you can find the items you want.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
The best way to do kustom variations in my opinion is to start a poll where people would vote for 3 best variations with specific tools.
In my opinion that would be cool