What's new

Question - War God Kotal Khan best AA option ?

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
Like in thread tittle. What is in your opinion best move for punish jump attack or crossup ?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Standing 1 (jumping in from a close distance or crossing up with a teleport)

F2 (jumping in from a far distance)

D2 (same as Standing 1)

D4 (it makes cross-ups whiff)

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Ok thx for info. What do you think about d1 ?
Haven't experimented with that normal yet. But from the animation it I believe it can be use like Jax's D1 from MK9.

Not only will you beat cross ups but you can get a combo started off it. Mind you it will be a technical one but at least you'll punish your opponent for trying to cross you up.

mattnin

Noob
Of course if you can time it right, his AA throw is fairly successful, can't use like Ken's Shoryuken from Street Fighter though, the timing is later and makes it more difficult to use.

It's situational, if you notice the opponent is coming in at the right angle, I like to use a d2, however the rest of the time, I go for a whiff and either d1 or d4. It's not optimal and I'd like to here how others AA.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I'll add my 2 cents, basically, if you've got good reaction times and the connection is on your side, kotals d2 is really good vs people who are jump in punching, I wouldn't even bother using the D2 if they are using jump in kicks though and favor back dash whiff punishing instead. If they are trying to cross you up and are being predictable about it, you can also D2 but have to be super fast on your punish, for crossups I tend to prefer couching instead so that it whiff, then d1/d4 and follow up. Also, lets not forget the kotal has a godly jump 1 punch himself, rule the skies and beat your opponent to the punch :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Everything beats his horrid air grab so I use the good-ol uppercut on cross ups! If we're mid range I use the back 3 2! Or is it 31? The flimsy roundhouse followed by the shoulder. Then throw a sun ray, macuahuitl or just engage...

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
D4 to low profile crossups followed by immediate D1 pokes. The D1's will almost always whiff punish no problem.

D4 is also my favorite match starter for this reason. Will beat out almost any advancing normal or special and if your opponent jumps in you are almost guaranteed first hit by following up the jump in whiff with D1.

mattnin

Noob
D4 to low profile crossups followed by immediate D1 pokes. The D1's will almost always whiff punish no problem.

D4 is also my favorite match starter for this reason. Will beat out almost any advancing normal or special and if your opponent jumps in you are almost guaranteed first hit by following up the jump in whiff with D1.
That's pretty much my standard AA. I make them whiff d4 into d1 then b14 or 114,df1 pressure

Buiu

Woot
*kk d2 is amazing for cross jip, but dont delayed it, or you will get stuffed

*dont try aa air grab, even mb. its not reliable.

if someone cross up and it's too late for d2, WAIT and do db1ex instead.

another interesting situation is ppl trying cross kotal kahn on wakeup to mess the db1ex comand,

they wait a bit and after that, cross jump. on this situation i like to air grab on wakeup. or njp on read

if u do the db1ex on the original position ,its whiffs.

if you wait to db1ex then on the other side, you will eat the jip

or just delayed wakeup

Last edited: