What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn Kotal Kahn corner jail escape?

Hi!I am new to the game.I played a bit with Kotal and tomorrow im heading to a local MKX tourney at dreamhack.(nothing big just small organisers).I went to a friend that let me train since my vid card scks and cant play on my pc.Thus being said I learned most of wat kotal does(sun god) and recently I found out about some more advanced terms like wake-ups and reverse.After I browsed a lot of info on this and understood some of it I am now wondering what can Kotal do to escape a corner?

For ex if sub zero jails me with ice clone wat can I do?Only thing that comes to mind is to EX-sun god grab however I fear that it won't work because when he clones he takes a bit of distance..any help is greatly appreciated.

Wake ups aren't the best option in Sun God. You have EX throw or parry but both are beat by NJP. I find d1 to be the most effective tool for corner pressure. You just have to make the right read on defense and poke your way out.

Wake ups aren't the best option in Sun God. You have EX throw or parry but both are beat by NJP. I find d1 to be the most effective tool for corner pressure. You just have to make the right read on defense and poke your way out.
So do you think that I can ex grab him even if he does the clone? NJP=normal jump punch?

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
In Sun God you're going to have to make the right read in order to get out of Sub Zero's clone corner jail. EX Sun God Choke doesn't reach far enough, and EX Sunstone will only break the clone for you. Good news is, that Sub Zero has to come back in on you to do much of anything. So when he gives you a mix up out of the clone remember that:

slide is punishable on block with sun god choke even if the clone is there
b+2, b+2 can be interrupted by EX sun god choke
when he walks back in for the throw, EX sun god choke will break the clone with its armor and grab Sub

You aren't helpless, but you have to wait on Sub and just react with what fits the situation best.

Has anyone tried just Sun Ray yourself and waiting it out? It's not like Sub has the best tools for moving back in on you. I can't play today so I can't test the speed of that or God Ray.