What's new

Kombat Houston in Full-Effect Tonight at Insomnia, Stream Starting at 8:30 PM EST!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Would you agree that the Mortal Kombat scene is in a bit of a drought as of late? Well, Mortal Kombat action from one of the most recently pronounced tournament teams will be in full-effect tonight at the Insomnia tournament taking place in Houston, Texas. The entire Kombat Houston crew is set to be there including the recent MLG "Break out player", KH ShowTime, KH Cat, Scar and many more. This is an MK dedicated event!

The stream is set to go live around 8:30PM EST tonight via www.Twitch.tv/KombatHouston

Additional information taken from the original thread is as follows with Kombat Houston player bios!

Insomnia is coming in with yet another Mk9 Dedicated Tournament on Saturday september 22nd!... Our last Tournament had 32 Players including a mass of them being the KH Crew such as myself (cat), Showtime, Scar, Starcharger, Shanxter, Devil Jim, King David, Crazy Doctor, Engineer (now knows as Seraph), Captain! and even had some guest come in from Dallas and Oklahoma , including GamerBlake , and Midnight! as well as many Casual players from the Area..

KombatHouston crew has been growing insanly fast.. our last casuals had a total of 3 new players to the offline scene..(not new to mk9 but to our offline casuals)... and a total of 13 players were in attendance This past Wendsday... and that was with a ton of players missing.. All these players are dedicated to level up and be in full force once MLG Dallas comes around
We also streamed the Entire Event Via Twitch.tv/KombatHouston and most of the Archive Videos can be found on oryoutube.com/kombathouston page.. so make sure to check it out! and Subscribe for more footage!

And we Expect To Stream this event as well! so the Mk community can enjoy that mk action!

I expect this to be another succesful tournament.. we will also have some new comers who have just stared showing up the mk houston offline scene to make their insomnia tournament debut!

first off we have Lewis! Who is orignially from the UK!-
-Lewis is a Dedicated Jade Player! who actually attended Evo and lost some Real Close Sets with GGA Dizzy and EGP Tyrant! with word on the street being that it was some really hype and intense close matches! So expect him to come strong with his Jade at this upcoming Tournament!

We also have Royal! who has been showing up to offline casuals a ton and is focused on leveling up!
-Royal has been a strong Kano main, who is also thinking of focusin on Jax as well! hes been working really hard and showing up to mostly every casual session we have had the last few weeks.. and is ready to make his tournament debut at Insomnia!

Another new Comer who actually just made his first offline Appereance with Lewis is a player who likes to call himself Glitchez!
-Glitchez is a Johnny Cage Main who is Really focused on Leveling up his game.. he had a great showing at our last casuals, and was really dedicated on learning some stuff to level up his game.. I expect him to be a force to be reckon with once he trains up some more with the Rest of the Kombat Houston Crew!

Injuice is another player who came down with his buddy Glitchez in order to level up his game!
-Injuice was using a variety of characthers.. but seems to want to focus on his Reptile the most! and with Showtime being one of the best with Reptile he is bound to pick up some tricks and increase his reptiles skill!

Aside from the New players Showing up.. we will have the usual suspects.. such as myslef CAT, Showtime, SCAR, King David, Seraph, Shanxter, Captain , and more!

we also are expecting some out of towners to make it to this one..
Khaotic Shang, Midnight, and possibly GamerBlake as well!! and possible more!

With the Variety of Competetion it should be a GREAT TOURNAMENT GREAT EXPERIANCE! so make sure to tune in on September 22nd via Twitch.tv/KombatHouston or come down to the tournament if you near the Area!

Entry Fee is $7 bucks! 5 goes towards the pot and the other 2 bucks gets you Pizza and a Drink! the enviroment is nice and fun... every player who has attended such as blake, and midnight , have enjoyed themselves here..
kh3.jpg

Attachments

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
This is what we need right now,..I love watching the KH crew, and it's good the community is moving on despite the recent drama. I'm looking forward to watching it :)

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Wish I could have gone. Still finishing up the move to San Antonio. Had to go back to Corpus and get some stuff. :-(

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
So unfortunately we might not be able to stream due to no Internet or something :-(, will keep you updated on whatsup

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Crap, if I would have known sooner, I would have gone. Seriously. I ended up pplanning to do something else tonight. Good luck to all!

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Warm up casuals being recorded via phone will be uploaded tonight

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
scar vs showtime round 1? :(

Its official

Jesus christ does not like Houston at any tournament

Examples:
anaheim
initial final round bracket
now this

scar vs showtime round 1? :(

Its official

Jesus christ does not like Houston at any tournament

Examples:
anaheim
initial final round bracket
now this
I know man me n show was both salty when we found out, everytime me, show, n cat enter a local, we always hope we dont have to fight each other i always wish 4 them 2 to fight each other first and vice versa, but good shit to show, he gaining that exp of digging himself out of the graveyard that is losers bracket to comeback n still threatin to take it.. "showtimes so good wit that!" (tom brady commentary voice) lol and shout out to cat, sorry i had to rob u like that bro but a poe mans gotta eat lol

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I know man me n show was both salty when we found out, everytime me, show, n cat enter a local, we always hope we dont have to fight each other i always wish 4 them 2 to fight each other first and vice versa, but good shit to show, he gaining that exp of digging himself out of the graveyard that is losers bracket to comeback n still threatin to take it.. "showtimes so good wit that!" (tom brady commentary voice) lol and shout out to cat, sorry i had to rob u like that bro but a poe mans gotta eat lol
I got robbed out of my 5th insomnia tournament win. Smh. Lol
Good stuff to Showtime and you. Sucks for all the ppl show had to run thru in losers.

Shot outs to Zach getting really good. Getting 4th. I remember when he used to go 0-2 at the tournaments. Leveling up!

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
good tournament yall had. I still need to play offline train more but i have no one to do it with so im glad how i did. Learned alot with those after hours casuals with engineer and showtime. Dont nobody call me crazy but im thinking that sonya v. shang mu is shang's hardest 6-4 mu almost pushing 7-3 cause she limits him so much and his only option is try to keep her away. WoundCowboy, i need to lvl up my zoning cause she just gives me too many problems.