What's new

Klassic MK Movie Skin Pack reveal trailer!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Sonya usage up 150% after today.
No, really, I’m playing Sonya and legitimately having more fun with her then I ever have in this game. I’ve always wanted to play Sonya but I just didn’t dig most of her cosmetics (outside of the UMK3 skin) and especially her voice acting. Having the klassic film version of her makes me fall in love with her all over again and it feels like the Sonya Blade I’ve grown up with

Moveset absolutely matters, but nobody can tell me character doesn’t either

Art Lean

Noob
No, really, I’m playing Sonya and legitimately having more fun with her then I ever have in this game. I’ve always wanted to play Sonya but I just didn’t dig most of her cosmetics (outside of the UMK3 skin) and especially her voice acting. Having the klassic film version of her makes me fall in love with her all over again and it feels like the Sonya Blade I’ve grown up with

Moveset absolutely matters, but nobody can tell me character doesn’t either
Absolutely. Once I got Kold War Skarlet and she didn't look like an uninspired sack of shit anymore suddenly my love for her grew immensely. These days I don't even have a single original stock skin in any of my full 5 variations for her and she's one of my favourites.

Likewise, Sonya's gone from a load-bearing structure who just sort of stopped the character select screen from collapsing like a ceiling with water ingress to a character I've been playing as all evening... with the sound bar actually on!

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Can't explain how much happy i am right now;

• Childhood memories
  • Raiden, Kabal and Shang Tsung main
  • White lightning
  • Simple beggar has returned
i hope Kabal will get his klassic long haired skin soon. Don't know whose idea to give him this New English chairman hair but i don't like you, lovely dev.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I am not a fan of the celebrity driven characters that NRS is going for in MK11. For me, that takes away from the experience. From a game about a martial arts tournament, fantastical characters with over the top, often supernatural moves, and blood and gore, this suddenly became a game about all of above plus Cari (forget his last name), Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christopher Lambert, Ronda Rousey and whichever other celebrity they managed to enlist. Instead of the focus being on the characters it now becomes which celebrity's likeness and voice they are based on. Plus this makes it difficult to immerse myself in the experience and suspend my disbelief.

With the above being said, if we are going to have characters based on real people in MK11, those classic MK movie skins are great. For me, of course, the Raiden skin is awesome as Christopher Lambert did the original, and best, representation of Raiden on the big screen, Plus that humble beggar outfit looks darn good. Also, as many others said above, the Sonya skin makes her look and sound so much better, it's not even funny. Not i can finally enjoy playing as my favorite female MK character.

Just one question NRS, are we going to get a Talisa Soto Kitana (and Mileena) skin as well? That would be fantastic.

Gaxkang

Banned
I am not a fan of the celebrity driven characters that NRS is going for in MK11. For me, that takes away from the experience. From a game about a martial arts tournament, fantastical characters with over the top, often supernatural moves, and blood and gore, this suddenly became a game about all of above plus Cari (forget his last name), Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christopher Lambert, Ronda Rousey and whichever other celebrity they managed to enlist. Instead of the focus being on the characters it now becomes which celebrity's likeness and voice they are based on. Plus this makes it difficult to immerse myself in the experience and suspend my disbelief.

With the above being said, if we are going to have characters based on real people in MK11, those classic MK movie skins are great. For me, of course, the Raiden skin is awesome as Christopher Lambert did the original, and best, representation of Raiden on the big screen, Plus that humble beggar outfit looks darn good. Also, as many others said above, the Sonya skin makes her look and sound so much better, it's not even funny. Not i can finally enjoy playing as my favorite female MK character.

Just one question NRS, are we going to get a Talisa Soto Kitana (and Mileena) skin as well? That would be fantastic.
Time to bust out Brian Thompson as Shao Kahn :D

This is great but anybody that thinks their VA is good needs to get their ears check. They all sound like they are reading off a paper and isn't sure what kind of emotion they were suppose to attach to each line.

Without Robin Shou and Talisa Soto it feels incomplete.

Damn, just how many colors for lightning does Raiden get?
Right now we have Blue, Light Blue, Red, White, Minty Green, Orange, Gold (light orange?), and Pink.

I'd be really pumped if they ever decided to retroactively go and change Raiden's lightning colours to match the major colour in his skin palettes better since they've now stepped away from red/blue only.

Gaxkang

Banned
Right now we have Blue, Light Blue, Red, White, Minty Green, Orange, Gold (light orange?), and Pink.

I'd be really pumped if they ever decided to retroactively go and change Raiden's lightning colours to match the major colour in his skin palettes better since they've now stepped away from red/blue only.
Yah that'd be cool.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
This is great but anybody that thinks their VA is good needs to get their ears check. They all sound like they are reading off a paper and isn't sure what kind of emotion they were suppose to attach to each line.

Without Robin Shou and Talisa Soto it feels incomplete.
Oh, thank fuck. Thought I was the only one.

I mean, Jesus, Lambert sounds like he's dying. Seriously, it's like someone shoved a knife in his gullet, and he gurgles blood as he speaks his line and is seconds before dying.

And yeah, I'll say it, I prefer Ronda Sonya - both in face as well as VA than her movie persona, who looks like the world's most snotty bitch.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yes, skins I can enjoy forever. Whereas the Double-double turns to shit quite quickly after I eat it.
Literal shit.
fuck yeah ..... damn, even a burger king or mc donalds trash food combo at weekend , end up being more expensive, so, go for the MK11 skins, is a better business in the end of day , ha ! :p

Ronda Rousey’s voice acting as Sonya has been a resounding no from the very beginning. (I’ll give Rousey this: she sounds like a general but can’t emote to save her life and is out of her league opposite everyone else in the game). Bridgette’s likeness is great but it sucks Sonya only has one expression so it makes her face look odd. But this pack was pure fan service and I’m here for it, so happy we didn’t have to wait long after the official social media tease.