What's new

KL9 Banner - Ermac Returns?

smoke420

Noob
He's dumb as hell anyway...

no fr tho. he's cool? I just don't see it.

Nothing is unique... souls. Nope, that's shang. Telekinesis. Nope, that's kenshi. Weird low, scary voice with hobo garb. Nope that's noob.
So it's a waste of spot for me.

Smoke on the other hand, he's fucking bad ass. Boon, Where tf is smoke

He's dumb as hell anyway...

no fr tho. he's cool? I just don't see it.

Nothing is unique... souls. Nope, that's shang. Telekinesis. Nope, that's kenshi. Weird low, scary voice with hobo garb. Nope that's noob.
So it's a waste of spot for me.

Smoke on the other hand, he's fucking bad ass. Boon, Where tf is smoke
Bro, just stop. Ermac did telekinesis before Kenshi ever existed.

KCJ506

Noob
No offense, but people really need to stop seeing everything as some sort of hint for KP2. No Ermac being this KL season's theme doesn't mean he will be in KP2. No Boon tweeting a joke about Michael Myers practicing social distancing doesn't mean he will be in KP2. No Boon tweeting about his smoke detector going off doesn't mean Smoke will be in KP2. No Boon tweeting about it raining in his town doesn't mean Rain will be in KP2.

Mr.Khen

I am you
No offense, but people really need to stop seeing everything as some sort of hint for KP2. No Ermac being this KL season's theme doesn't mean he will be in KP2. No Boon tweeting a joke about Michael Myers practicing social distancing doesn't mean he will be in KP2. No Boon tweeting about his smoke detector going off doesn't mean Smoke will be in KP2. No Boon tweeting about it raining in his town doesn't mean Rain will be in KP2.
I mean, but why "people really need to stop"? speculating is fun, and sometimes people who got laughed at turned out to be right... Ermac's new design is hype.
No harm in trying to make (wishful) predictions. besides that's not based on a tweet. it's a very elaborate "storyboard" of how we wall know he's dead in the krypt and resurrects which means they put somewhat of an effort into this. Anyway it might be dumb, null and void HOWEVER we are allowed to dream (we is for Ermac).

Worst case scenario we'll get disappointed, won't be the first time when it comes to NRS... I grew a thick skin by now considering how many times I was let down by choices they made/make. I would totally love to see Smoke return! he's one of my favorite characters as well, I was salty when he was a FACTION KILL and not playable.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Rather than another possible DLC discussion I'm gonna read waaaaay too deep into the lore implications for this. Like does Ermac being impaled and just taking souls to resurrect himself mean that he can't die as long as there's a soul for him to take? What about MKX when he was falling apart cause the lack of Shang magic to keep his form? Is he only able to do this because he's on Shang's island? But weren't all the souls sucked away from the island which is why everything is dying? WHAT DOES IT MEAN NRS?!

haha sick art tho

matterovermind

mindundermatter
It's been a while since I played MK11 / Krypt - was it ever explained how exactly how Ermac ended up at the bottom of the pit? Or why Kenshi died in Goro's lair? or why Goro is dead? I seem to remember something about Kenshi.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I don't believe the Krypt is story-canon.
Thanks for the reply. I hope they elaborate on it (and I guess at the same time, if they haven't already done so and I've missed it, what the hell happened to Takeda and Kung Jin).

I have to admit, a small part of me appreciates the mystery element around these decisions (I think that's what NRS might have been going for?)

Thanks for the reply. I hope they elaborate on it (and I guess at the same time, if they haven't already done so and I've missed it, what the hell happened to Takeda and Kung Jin).

I have to admit, a small part of me appreciates the mystery element around these decisions (I think that's what NRS might have been going for?)
I'm sure they're still around, just like Jade who was absent from Mortal Kombat XL, but then was magically back somehow with no explanation on where she was during the last 25 years.

How about Cyber-Ermac
Pls no. I've never understood the fascination with cyber ninjas in MK. They're lame as hell. Regular Ermac and human smoke thx. As an above poster said (and to take a step further), wish they deleted the new era kids and brought back real characters like these. Where is Havik at FFS.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Pls no. I've never understood the fascination with cyber ninjas in MK. They're lame as hell. Regular Ermac and human smoke thx. As an above poster said (and to take a step further), wish they deleted the new era kids and brought back real characters like these. Where is Havik at FFS.
I think people loved Cyber Sub-Zero. And don't forget those fans that still want a Cyber Reptile lol

Art Lean

Noob
I think people loved Cyber Sub-Zero. And don't forget those fans that still want a Cyber Reptile lol
I think that's more to do with storyline curiosity and just his history in the franchise. Way back in MK3 (jn 1995 when many of us were just kids), he left the Lin Kuei when they began the cyber initiative, his two friends Smoke and Cyrax were mutilated and turned into machine monsters, whilst Sub Zero abandoned the Lin Kuei uniform and ran around looking like Henry Rollins in suspenders.

He evaded their hunting all those years later (and eventually rediscovered some fashion sense), therefore I think there's some degree of nostalgic curiosity in respect of "what if Sub Zero had been caught?". Accordingly when MK9 did it and MKX had it as a secret Triborg variant it was a fun little alternate path for him (plus blue metal just looks great), but I would never ever want that to be his actual character in a game.

Ermac's a legion of souls at this point, he's not Lin Kuei and never was, to turn him into a robot at this stage is surely actually diminishing his power? It's like replacing the Eye of Sauron with a radar.

I wouldn't mind seeing Frost go full cyber though, never been a fan of the character and since she's basically a complete cyborg already, I'd enjoy seeing her finally getting the full-coverage metal BMX gear like the others as a skin choice going forwards.

Last edited: