What's new

Kittelsen (writer) fav character is not in MK11

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/ben-mekler/mortal-podkast/e/66880410

It's from earlier this year, but give it a listen as he mentions Havik and how he thinks the devs could really make him amazing. He kind of alludes to the fact that he has no influence anymore, though says he did write for the DLC so not sure why not. In general though, I wonder why he would not have been allowed to just write Havik into MK11 - he was not involved in X, only comics from what I understand - but even more so, why not allow him to write his bio and intro lines and just make him DLC?

I am 100% sure other characters are in predominantly because certain devs are big fans of them, so why not Havik? I get that Chaosrealm would make everything fuzzy, but they could've easily written Havik into this story where he's responsible for throwing a wrench in Kronika's plans and has come into the fray through the characters brought back and is responsible for certain characters turning bad or good, switching allegiance at some point or already having done that.

Thoughts?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Okay, I listened to it - thankfully the Havik part was in the beginning so I didn't have to listen to the whole thing -, I'm not entirely sure if that's a de-confirmation.

Maybe I'm just being naïve, I don't know. But it's infuriating. I want Havik. Fans want Havik. Shawn Kittelsen wants Havik. Daanish Syed wants Havik.

I mean, FUCK!

I am 100% sure other characters are in predominantly because certain devs are big fans of them, so why not Havik? I get that Chaosrealm would make everything fuzzy, but they could've easily written Havik into this story where he's responsible for throwing a wrench in Kronika's plans and has come into the fray through the characters brought back and is responsible for certain characters turning bad or good, switching allegiance at some point or already having done that.
Thoughts?
Havik in the MK reboot stroke me as a guy who comes in to pick up the pieces after the chaos the previous battle created. Him coming back after Kronika made sense to me, but I've a hard-on for the guy, I'm obviously biased.
At this point, I just want him in the game. Getting a story DLC role is a just a bonus for me.

Last edited: