What's new

Tech - Mournful Kitana: The Ways of Glaives

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Here's some kitana set ups with her glaives. There were more but due to the latest patch the don't work or are harder to do.

Anti Wake Up
Kitana Anti wake up.:
This set up really good. But you have to be to the frame. Using 1 is easier than using 2. The wake has to be 10f or over to work :(

Standing Reset
Kitana Standing reset:
Kitana(2):
This set up is a basic standing reset. Unfortunately the opponent has to already be standing. After the glaives you are at exactly +12. So you can go for pressure or grab.

Unbreakable Combos
Kitana 33% unbreakable:
The throw is teachable but eh.

Meaty Glaive.
Kitana meaty glaive:
After a staff grab the opponent has to respect the glaive if they have no meter. If the blockable you Can run up for pressure and if it hits you get 30+% pre patch this used to grant a safe jump

Most of this is known but I decided to put it all together and make it more known. Sorry fo he lame title

@GGA 16 Bit @RunwayMafia @xKhaoTik @xWildx @champdee @Espio @Konqrr @NeoRussell @ all the other princesses

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is all great, and I use about half of them... however on the first video, if your opponent has a fast wakeup like Lao spin, they can do a short delayed wakeup and full combo punish you for whiffing an attack over them. In fact, I've been blown up for using setups like this more often than not due to delayed wakeup. If anyone can figure out a good normal to throw out there in a setup like this that you can confirm on hit or at least be safe if they do a delayed wakeup, please let me know as I haven't found one yet. Don't get me wrong, it is still really good and a delayed wakeup can be baited and they are forced to deal with pressure or use a bar of meter... but man, if you are wrong, you die.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
is 2,1 or anything actually free after the standing reset? I can't get anything but I've only tried briefly. Trying to see if the risk/reward is worth it.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
is 2,1 or anything actually free after the standing reset? I can't get anything but I've only tried briefly. Trying to see if the risk/reward is worth it.
Yes 21 is. Shadow kick is as well. I tested using the jump test. So idk if that's the best way to test. Grab isnt free due to hit stun. The 21 can be hard to jail since you have to run but I'm sure it works

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
jump up or jump back? jumping up takes longer than jumping back.