What's new

Guide - Kitana Kitana Punishment Thread

Inception

I love Kitana
I looked and did not see a punishment thread I decide to make one.

I am just going to go through characters move list and start saying what kitana can use to punish for example there are instances where you want to punish with 2,1 instead of 1,1. I 'll try to orgonize it better when I return. Also it would be great if Kitana players could take on some characters in training mode to see what the best punishes are. They way I'm breaking it down is like Close Up Point blank, Mid Range, Full screen or at the tip if the move does not go that far. I'll start.

Liu Kang [Flame Fist]
Flying Dragon Kick -
Close Punish 1,1 or 2,1 , or 2 lift , xyray ( I would avoid using this but It is a option. )
Mid Range 1,1 or 2,1 or 1,lift
Long Range 2,1 2, lift

I think it should also go with out being said that 1,1 or 2,1 into the combo of your choice.

Here is a example video.

Change Log:
**Started Thread 5/1/2015
**Better Organization 5/5/2015
**Added Video Section 5/5/2015
**Added Kotal Khan War God Videos
**Still working on Lui Kang 5/5/2015
** Or anyone that would like to help. 5/5/2015
** Missing Names of All Variations

Lol why we don't play mournful

Last edited:

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Yes!!! Great idea. In the matchup thread there are tips as to how to deal with characters but this is more specific I'm guessing.
Only thing I can contribute based on what I saw someone post was against Mileena you can uppercut a blocked roll, and maybe D1 but I am not sure 100%.

Inception

I love Kitana
Yes!!! Great idea. In the matchup thread there are tips as to how to deal with characters but this is more specific I'm guessing.
Only thing I can contribute based on what I saw someone post was against Mileena you can uppercut a blocked roll, and maybe D1 but I am not sure 100%.
Thats the idea the Matchup thread shows you I don't know what to do against xyz but this thread says hey if I go against Lui Kang I know that I need to practice this punishment or this punishment.

Inception

I love Kitana
It would be a great help if I can find out the name of all the variations for all the characters also any punish for any character would be great.

Espio

Kokomo
I am just one person and I don't have experience versus every single character it was suppose to be a community thing and I was only helping to facilitate and keep it organized but it did not go well.
I'll help when I get more time.

I really do like this character as a fun compliment to Goro. Threads like these deserve consistent support.