What's new

Kitana mirror matches.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I have trouble with this but I did try something that works most of the time.

I try to bait the other Kitana into her f2 1 but I back up to make it whiff and punish with a B2 into air fan combo.

The timing isn't so hard, if the f2 whiffs just take a step back and go to her B2.

According to Somberness' frame data...b2 on block is -15 but you can cancel it into an air fan and the block advantage is -2.

f2 1 takes 38 frames for the second attack to begin. In total the attack ends at 67 frames. This leaves 29 free frames if she whiffs the f21. B2 is 22 frames giving you a 7 frame window to perform this if you time the attack as soon as the active frame on the second hit of her f21 becomes active.

In reality there is waaay more time if you have good timing.

Doing an air fan from her whiffed or blocked B2 against a standing opponent hits some characters. It might be stance dependent, not too sure might have to test this out more.

Her B2 has surprisingly good horizontal range and when blocked Kitana's f2 is the only attack that can reach it reliably, but its 18 frames. Not quick enough to punish the blocked B2. Her 2 can punish the B2 in theory but the spacing makes it difficult.

This is all based on me performing this 4 times online and my wonky frame data analysis.

Feel free to talk about this...(not like you need my permission to do it haha)

GuamoKun

*slaps self*.

Holy moly I'm such an idiot. My timing is so wonky with it though that it either hits them airborne and I can't get a proper punish or the block it.

Is there ketchup on my face or what?

This is still pretty fun to do though.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Kitana mirrors....ugh...I avoid them at all costs...it's like a mental block for me because I know exactly what she can do to me...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
When you see f21 coming, jump over her and do your own f21 for 45%... She will be very wary to do it again.

GuamoKun

I don't have much experience with this matchup so punishing her is something I don't get to do often.

The opponent almost always tries to zone me out so I always just duck and either bait the f21 or find a hole in their zoning game and exfan to get in there.