What's new

Kitana Information, Guides, And Resources!! 9/2024

Hi Guys, Ill be uploading updated information for Kitana

Kitana is a space controlling zoner with great movement and amazing neutral tools as well as some strong setplay. Here is a doc that features all of her base combos, information, as well as some kameo related bnbs written

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FV1Hn845w1g9rDpLLnTqvE757AGxIhNilyWVIEM3z2c/edit?gid=1621848012#gid=1621848012

This is an information database for the character and alone can answer most questions about the character in itself! I will continue to update it personally as time goes on, It is an open edit so if you have valuable information to add to it just give me a heads up and feel free to do so!

Going on, Top 5 Kameos For Kitana ordered (in my opinion) :

Explanations listed below:

Khameleon: Offers kitana practically everything while covering the most mus. She gains grab combos. Maintains set play, Pushes her zoning as well as offers anti zoning, gives her ways to open people up, and offers gap safety shes really just the jack of all trades when it comes to picks and is definitely a kameo id recommend having under your belt if you want to solo main kitana. here is a link to a showcase i made for her when she dropped.

Ferra: While i used to consider her better than khameleon when she had +150 hp, as time has went by and we learn how to properly handle ferra and as she got nerfed to only +50 hp i no longer feel that way, however she offers a thing kitana lacks which is a way to open people up. You still gain hp, are able to play a very annoying run away game having your opponent chase you only to get to you and have to deal with the risk of getting mixed into 45%. Fera mix frame traps buttons both off of 11 and B14 forcing your opponent to armor. jailing mix off of your autoshimmy is actually kind of ridiculous. you do insane damage with the kameo, Have an armored launcher, Have multiple ways into your ambush due to kitana having lots of ways to make her airborne, Decent setplay, and overall is a very solid choice. Here is a link to a showcase i made for her: https://youtu.be/GEghp-hzCOc?si=Bp0P-ENjcSlA1swG

Janet: Janets gameplan outsitde of sento stance is just overall very simple solid and consistent, Her nerfs to her scaling did affect combo damage to certain confirms (112 specifically is really bad), however she offers great damage otherwise, 14% throws lets you have a way to properly establish your auto shimmy which she can easily confirm off of with janet not to mention you get true oki off her forward throw in the corner. She enables a simple gameplan with your auto shimmy, throwing, and out neutraling your opponent. Janet wall is super great for zoning and playing lame,when you want to get more complicated she also has amazing set play that unlike other kameos can not be neutral jumped out of which is great! Kitana also in the corner can easily combo into jento stance allowing her all types of unique and interesting options thats way too much for me to list here, id describe her as a great starter kameo that has almost endless possibilities when you master her and she is one of my favorites to play. Heres a link to a showcase i did for her where you can see all the cool stuff she can do:

Jax: Jax my main mannn, now a lot of people would be confused as to why i put him lower as i have mained this kameo for a very long time. Jax offers probably the best set play for kitana period. He gives insane damage, Plus frames with energy wave which is great because even with the pushback, kitana has really good checks that your opponent has to worry about. lots of different ground pound pressure strings and mindgames around it giving you free KDs, insane damage, extra hp, armored launchers, increased throw damage and a whole bunch more. Now the reason why hes lower is because jax in itself as a kameo rarely ever defines a match up which is what ive come to realize as ive played him for a long time. his synergy with kitana is great but hes gimicky a lot of the stuff that allows this duo to shine is simply not real but it doesnt take away the amazing amount of possibilities this duo has offensively. I have so much content on this kameo but here is a link to a full guide ive made on this kameo you can find a ton of other stuff on him as well on my channel:

Mavado: I think this kameo has a ton of potential just some kameos do what he does but better but hes super flashy, hes one of the only kameos that gives kitana consistent unblockable set ups midscreen without missing out on much damage, slide checks are really good after sweep, he gives probably the best throw combo kitana can get, and he gives good pressure, easy hit confirms off of relevant things (112, stray fans, db3s etc}, his pull is useful for certain mus and gives easy plus frames since it jails off 11. hes overall really good just once again other kameos have better routing as well as he takes away hp.he also got the janet treatment and hi scaling has been nerfed heres a showcase i made on him as well:

Going on, I hate to send so many links but i did make an entire new kitana guide explaining all of her buttons and gameplan etc

I really miss tym and im going to attempt to continue to upload information acquired for a ton of characters me and other players have been working on if anyone has any advice or would like to help spread more information please reach out! thank you guys