What's new

Kitana Downloadable Moves List (including damage and hit properties)

NuSix3

Boob
Ok, so I converted Kitana's moves-list into an excel spreadsheet and uploaded to google docs where I assume anyone can download.

Kitana - Downloadable Move List

A couple of notes about the properties... a legend is provided on sheet 2 but it didn't format very well, so forgive me if it's difficult to read.

Just incase...

Properties:
High - can be blocked standing, whiffs crouched, deflected crouched blocking.
Mid - blocked standing or crouching, but hits crouched if not blocking.
Low - Hits standing while blocking, has to be blocked crouched.
Overhead - hits crouched blocking, has to be blocked standing.

DPH = "Damage Per Hit" All hits were tested individually outside of a combo to avoid scaling.

Damage noted in brackets means that there are two separate hits being delivered out of a single attack animation. i.e., d,f+2 is a single command that delivers 2 hits.

CD = "Combo Damage" The total damage of a given combination including scaling.

Status Effect: I had to improvise so it's going to look like garbage to anyone who doesn't go over the legend. I only noted effects that flung the opponent off their feet. It may or may not be possible to follow-up with an attack. This list is merely a resource for anyone willing to test out their own combo possibilities.

Now here is where I really need some help. This pathetic excuse for a practice mode doesn't allow me to figure out what is safe or not. I'm a big loser who cant talk another friend of sitting around for hours on end blocking and punching so I would like to pool the discoveries of all Kitana players into this single resource for Kitana.

What I'm Looking For:
1. What moves are safe on block? (including partial combos, i.e. 11 rather than 112)
2. What moves give advantage or significant advantage on block? Be specific as possible, if it allows for an SJ or time enough to execute a slow move please say so.
3. What moves guarantee free follow-up on hit? Obviously launches do this, but does hitting an f+4 give me time to f+2,1? (excuse the lame example, but you get the idea).
4. Armor. What moves have armor? Is it on wake-up or every time you throw out the Ex version? (I could possibly test this myself but it's a pain in the ass since I can't make the computer do the same wake up every time.)
5. Even if the most you can tell me is "move X is safe", that's more than I have right now. The more complicated things get I'm going to start requesting confirmation from other players before making any changes. As for now, I'll take your word for it.

If you want to contribute at all please let me no via reply in this thread or private message and I'll credit you with your contribution.

I want to do one of these for each character in the game so if you have any information on anyone else please let me know. So far only Kitana is uploaded.

Great job with this thread. I had posted something in the combo thread, in reference to some of the move properties. Just the initial hits.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4066-Kitana-Kombo-Thread&p=43105&viewfull=1#post43105

You fleshed it out much more, though.

Following my own educated guess about move properties from game's such as VF, often times moves that end with a High attack(that can be ducked) tend to have advantage on guard to balance the fact that it can be avoided through crouching. However, the game not having a good record feature to test move safety, is annoying.

Lomyn

Snoctopus
I have a capture card capable of capturing at 60 fps. Considering that MK shows both the buttons that are pressed, as well as the hit indicator on the character model that is being struck, would it be safe to assume that we could ascertain the startup frame data of her moves by counting the frames in between the button registering on screen and the point at which the hit indicator appears?

Block and advantage will be a bit trickier without a record option in training, but once the startup frames on moves are found it would be possible to begin testing, right?

If this is correct, I can start working on getting us some frame data within the next day or two.

bob

Noob
this method works in tekken...it's done with the hit analysis(the char darkens as soon as you press a button) and the hit indicator there

i'm sure everyone here would appreciate your work

Lomyn

Snoctopus
Feel free to use the frame data that I'll be posting in your list. I plan on working on block safety tonight.

NuSix3

Boob
Updated with frame data and font changes. Thanks again Lomyn!

Side note, I might abandon google docs and just start creating straight up pdf files and host them on HotFile or something like that. I never used google docs before and i kind of hate editing in anything other than excel on my computer, unfortunately if i want to keep doing that i have to delete the old doc, reupload the new one and edit this post with a new link. As of now the print format gets all screwed in google docs too, the font comes out way smaller than intended and cells refuse to merge vertically which is hella-annoying. Anyone got any better suggestions?