What's new

Question - Kitana Kitana Corner Fan

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Hi guys,

After lurking in the background for a long time I've finally decided to sign up.

I've been using Kitana since the game was released, spending a lot of time in the lab trying to perfect my combos.

Whilst practicing some corner stuff I've noticed that on some levels (the Blanche stage specifically comes to mind) when using a ground fan sometimes it will whiff no matter what you do.

For example, if I start a combo with F1,1,2 GF it will connect. However if I complete or drop the combo and start again the next time I throw a GF it will just whiff and go past the opponent.

Seems to work on a once hit/once whiff basis and when playing against someone it drives me nuts that the GF whiffs through no fault of my own and drops my corner combos.

Can anybody tell me if they've noticed this, also if it's part of the design or a flaw?

I play PS4, Royal Storm for info.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hi guys,

After lurking in the background for a long time I've finally decided to sign up.

I've been using Kitana since the game was released, spending a lot of time in the lab trying to perfect my combos.

Whilst practicing some corner stuff I've noticed that on some levels (the Blanche stage specifically comes to mind) when using a ground fan sometimes it will whiff no matter what you do.

For example, if I start a combo with F1,1,2 GF it will connect. However if I complete or drop the combo and start again the next time I throw a GF it will just whiff and go past the opponent.

Seems to work on a once hit/once whiff basis and when playing against someone it drives me nuts that the GF whiffs through no fault of my own and drops my corner combos.

Can anybody tell me if they've noticed this, also if it's part of the design or a flaw?

I play PS4, Royal Storm for info.
Is it character dependant? Stance dependant? Maybe it's to do with where they are in their breath cycle (characters bob up and down as they inspire and expire, so their hurtbox shifts). You might wanna test it out further.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
They're good points and I will look into them but it seems a bit strange that a string into GF will hit mid screen 100% of the time but in the corner it whiffs every other time, and this only happens on certain stages.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I will try them out.

E

Eldriken

Is it character dependant? Stance dependant? Maybe it's to do with where they are in their breath cycle (characters bob up and down as they inspire and expire, so their hurtbox shifts). You might wanna test it out further.
I'm gonna assume he's talking about them standing up, so I would really hope their breath cycle doesn't make projectiles completely pass through them. This shit is getting beyond fucking stupid. It really, really is.

We've gotten absolutely NOTHING in regards to all this. Just some acknowledgment that the devs are aware of the issue would be great. It seems that people are finding more and more things that happen like this and if it continues like this, the game is going to be a messy, busted pile of shit until it's fixed.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I'm gonna assume he's talking about them standing up, so I would really hope their breath cycle doesn't make projectiles completely pass through them. This shit is getting beyond fucking stupid. It really, really is.

We've gotten absolutely NOTHING in regards to all this. Just some acknowledgment that the devs are aware of the issue would be great. It seems that people are finding more and more things that happen like this and if it continues like this, the game is going to be a messy, busted pile of shit until it's fixed.
They're not standing when this happens as the last hit of Kitana's F1,1,2 string spins them and lifts them of their feet.

It seems to happen when you start the combo right next to the opponent when they are closest to the corner.

Ive had this happen a few times myself on all sorts of different characters.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
It seems to happen when you start the combo right next to the opponent when they are closest to the corner.

Ive had this happen a few times myself on all sorts of different characters.
That could be it, I suppose. Still seems a bit strange that it will happen once and then hit again straight after but it does seem plausible.

I'll have to check it out after I've finished work. Thanks.

E

Eldriken

They're not standing when this happens as the last hit of Kitana's F1,1,2 string spins them and lifts them of their feet.
Oh, I thought you meant a GF would whiff after you did the string and they were out of it. Either way, it's still dumb.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I've had this happen in the corner as well. I think it's because you're too close to your opponent, and they get too high off the f112 launcher to get hit by the fan. You could lift instead, or try stepping back while they're on the ground, and the follow-up f112~fan should hit

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I've had this happen in the corner as well. I think it's because you're too close to your opponent, and they get too high off the f112 launcher to get hit by the fan. You could lift instead, or try stepping back while they're on the ground, and the follow-up f112~fan should hit
Ok thanks. It seems I'll have to adjust my combos as you've said and see how I get on.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Well Jacqui's f12~db2 whiffs on stand blocking opponents depending on their breath cycle so it's nothing unheard of.

I've also been playing Kitana since release, and there IS an issue. Anyone who can't see that is insane, in my eyes
Lol dont be dumb. There is a difference in height from 111 and F112. It's a slight timing adjustment there is nothing wrong but your input timing cuz of your starter of choice. If you're going to do a corner combo then at least know how to do it proper and don't expect it to be the same as midscreen

Lol dont be dumb. There is a difference in height from 111 and F112. It's a slight timing adjustment there is nothing wrong but your input timing cuz of your starter of choice. If you're going to do a corner combo then at least know how to do it proper and don't expect it to be the same as midscreen
So it just so happens that me and every other person doing these corner combos misses them every other time?It hits once, then it drops. It's obvious some sort of weird stance bug or something, nothing to do with our timing..

So it just so happens that me and every other person doing these corner combos misses them every other time?It hits once, then it drops. It's obvious some sort of weird stance bug or something, nothing to do with our timing..
There is no bug. It really is just your timing. I've done it in both stances, still don't understand the point of stances btw, but it is a different timing from 111 due to the height F112 hits. If it were a glitch you'd see it on various strings but you dont. The better question is why aren't you going for lift first since you get more damage that way. Assuming you're hit confirming that is.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
There is no bug. It really is just your timing. I've done it in both stances, still don't understand the point of stances btw, but it is a different timing from 111 due to the height F112 hits. If it were a glitch you'd see it on various strings but you dont. The better question is why aren't you going for lift first since you get more damage that way. Assuming you're hit confirming that is.
Dude u can't "time" the fan toss, everytime u press 111 DF1 the fan always come out at the same moment. And why do you think going for lift first gives more damage?

Dude u can't "time" the fan toss, everytime u press 111 DF1 the fan always come out at the same moment. And why do you think going for lift first gives more damage?
Cuz the general damage output from lift is stronger than from fan. So there is a timing difference on both strings

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I've got issues doing F112>DF1, and doing F43, F43 in the corner. F112>DF1 seems to whiff randomly, sometimes it works at point blank range, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it even seems to depend on stages as well.

F43, F43 is just annoying lol

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I've got issues doing F112>DF1, and doing F43, F43 in the corner. F112>DF1 seems to whiff randomly, sometimes it works at point blank range, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it even seems to depend on stages as well.

F43, F43 is just annoying lol
I still have the corner fan issue. Timing and distance doesn't seem to be a factor. The only thing left is what 16 Bit said about it being stance dependant but I haven't had the chance to look into that so I'll take his word for it until I can get on and appease my curiosity.

F4,3 in the corner doesn't work for me either. It flicks them too far to catch the second time around.

brahji

Noob
I've been practicing corner combos for a few days now with kitana and there is without a doubt an issue with f112 > df1 it whiffs every other time. Good to know its not just me haha it's been driving me mad.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
It's as 16 Bit said, stance dependant.

If you connect it once then you'll notice she has her back facing you afterwards. You need to stance switch to get it to connect the second time.

I feel stupid for not knowing or understanding this before lol.