What's new

KI getting a 10th anniversary release and balance patch

A specific Special is picked for the punch and kick linker, yes, but you can simple override it. Combo Assist does not turn off inputs in strings, and doing inputs takes priority. So you can manually do any linker you want with it on. That's all explained in the articles I linked to.
i was never aware of that, just learned it from those articles! that changes my opinion of course.

Looks like the patch did indeed go live yesterday.

I'm seeing reports that inputs are not being read at random times, and that it's happening with any character.

Well the Steam version screwed over a friend of mine as I share my account with him, he used to be able to play the full game but since they introduced the F2P version he’s restricted only to that one. We were about to play & he was like, “Why the fuck do I only have Eyedol?”

He wasn’t happy & I thought it was hilarious until I was kinda bummed about it too:
(English isn't his first language)
View attachment 21257
I advise your friend to post in this thread on the official forums.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I advise your friend to post in this thread on the official forums.
I talked to James Craddock on Twitter about differences I noticed between the Steam & MS Store versions. I noticed while I was playing the Steam version I had the Ultimate Source exclusive costumes (made me really hype for Costume 11 Jago, I love the camo) but when the MS Store version is done, I didn’t have them.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Beyond wild that the game got a notable balance patch 10 years in (and 5 years after the previous one). Always loved Spinal, Glacius, and Kan-Ra so actually tempted to pick this up again whenever I get tired of MK1.

Beyond wild that the game got a notable balance patch 10 years in (and 5 years after the previous one). Always loved Spinal, Glacius, and Kan-Ra so actually tempted to pick this up again whenever I get tired of MK1.
The community for Killer Instinct is absolutely still going. I'm really glad they did these, even though it appears they have some bugs to work out.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I talked to James Craddock on Twitter about differences I noticed between the Steam & MS Store versions. I noticed while I was playing the Steam version I had the Ultimate Source exclusive costumes (made me really hype for Costume 11 Jago, I love the camo) but when the MS Store version is done, I didn’t have them.
Wow they're hotfixing it so nobody can get the Ultimate Source colours now! Some folks aren't happy on Twitter & I'm one of them! It's a pretty bad call if you ask me especially since besides bundles that not many people could give a shit about (Omen colours, Terror, Gold & Holiday) but you can't even get the Ultimate Source statues to get those colours for years & they told a bold faced lie about the Anniversary Edition as it's supposed to have "all Premium Content ever released". Kinda hoped that the Anniversary Edition would instantly unlock the Mimic & Shadow skins...it did not.

Most of the players I've come across haven't been using characters that have been heavily touched by the patch besides Jago & Glacius which is a bit of a letdown. Jago's DP is too good now, it's so stupid.

hate to simp for a company, but xbox are putting some serious resources into game preservation.

hate to simp for a company, but xbox are putting some serious resources into game preservation.
I'd love if they'd actually just let them make a sequel. They had some really cool ideas for the next few characters and never go there, and the game was slept on because of a few factors that could easily be fixed. Still at least they're allowing them this much.

I'd love if they'd actually just let them make a sequel. They had some really cool ideas for the next few characters and never go there, and the game was slept on because of a few factors that could easily be fixed. Still at least they're allowing them this much.
what i've heard is that theyve been searching for a studio that wants to do KI2 for years but just didnt find one - or not the right one in their book.

Wow they're hotfixing it so nobody can get the Ultimate Source colours now! Some folks aren't happy on Twitter & I'm one of them! It's a pretty bad call if you ask me especially since besides bundles that not many people could give a shit about (Omen colours, Terror, Gold & Holiday) but you can't even get the Ultimate Source statues to get those colours for years & they told a bold faced lie about the Anniversary Edition as it's supposed to have "all Premium Content ever released". Kinda hoped that the Anniversary Edition would instantly unlock the Mimic & Shadow skins...it did not.
Apparently that was a mistake though, and the figure skins are supposed to remain exclusive to owners of that collectible. That I understand.

The Omen Colour pack though, and all other skins, should indeed be there.

They've often done so, though. Xbox has had some of the strongest backwards compatibility and legacy support in console gaming for several years now.

On the official forums, the Design Director has replied with the following:

"
Shadow Lords: I confirmed I am also missing guardians (I had 98% of every type/tier), now have mostly crimson & gold- the other tiers gone. We will work on this, if you are ok with leaving your guardian collection alone (don’t buy more with gems), that might be better. I will follow up with a direct message for more info.

Inputs: We are aware and looking at this with lots of video examples coming in from everyone.

Skins/Store: The Terror and Gold skins are now just unlocked for everyone, Omen colors 7-9 as well, so they are in the character select only (do not need to be in the store/collection anymore).
"