What's new

Kenshi Mentor Thread

i havent been using kenshi all that long and could already tell that this kharacter suites me very well. his kombos look krisp and klean and has high damage outputs. great fighter for zone and anti zone as well. so if people need any help with doable kombos or some that a little bit more technical feel free to message me on here or on xbox live and tell me who you are if you do so on live. i will show you tips and tricks that you need to know. thanks

Bus Orez

Noob
how are you going to teach players how to play a character when the character hasnt been out for more than a day lol

how are you going to teach players how to play a character when the character hasnt been out for more than a day lol
im not claiming to master him by any means im saying if you have trouble doing his combos and how to use him i will help. im sure theres a shit ton of more people that are better then me with him i dont doubt that but everyone on this site hasnt played this since day one. who says they just got the game this week and got kenshi and dont understand canceling and buffering. if you dont need help with him thats fine maybe you might be better then me but dont come in here judging someone when all i was doing is helping out the tym community.

What's the most effective way to use him? I've noticed that it is difficult to start a combo (I found a 34% no meter one but I have been having trouble doing it against real opponents). I've been using him as a zone out character to some success though.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
What's the most effective way to use him? I've noticed that it is difficult to start a combo (I found a 34% no meter one but I have been having trouble doing it against real opponents). I've been using him as a zone out character to some success though.
He's a zoner. Keep your opponent away from you as best you can, use combos as punishers, that sort of thing.

He's a zoner. Keep your opponent away from you as best you can, use combos as punishers, that sort of thing.
hes kind of right and i know the combo your talking about. i only use the jip f22 b1 dash 2 bd1 dash 21 b1. does 35% and 32% without the jump in punch. dont rely on it so much because you can get punished by it. make use of your overheads and the wake up up slash and throw a little combo in and do the tele punch move to knock them back. hes a good distance fighter but you can punish them in close just keep more outside when using him.

What's the best midscreen combo using rising karma as a starter? I've only been able to follow it up with f2, 2, b2, is there a better follow up?

What's the best midscreen combo using rising karma as a starter? I've only been able to follow it up with f2, 2, b2, is there a better follow up?

i forget the % but you can jip 22 db2 f22 b2. using karma as the starter doesnt really lead to many damaging combos. only time i use that as a starter is on wake up then hit them back to gain zone again. then you can use your over head slash and wait for them to start jumping in towards you and using his bf3 or bf2 to keep them at bay. for teleporters i usually bait them to jump by pressing down while blocking with them thinking im doing a move then they set themselves up for punishment after they tele.

i forget the % but you can jip 22 db2 f22 b2. using karma as the starter doesnt really lead to many damaging combos. only time i use that as a starter is on wake up then hit them back to gain zone again. then you can use your over head slash and wait for them to start jumping in towards you and using his bf3 or bf2 to keep them at bay. for teleporters i usually bait them to jump by pressing down while blocking with them thinking im doing a move then they set themselves up for punishment after they tele.
So when using it on wakeup the best followup would be the shoulder charge to knock them back?

So when using it on wakeup the best followup would be the shoulder charge to knock them back?
all depends on distance db1 on wake up could catch them in the air or in front of you with a gap as well. if you use the bf2 for wake up they can jump it if they expect it or they just happen to be jumping and then you get punished for it. i prefer the db1wake up to pop them up for a combo.

i forget the % but you can jip 22 db2 f22 b2. using karma as the starter doesnt really lead to many damaging combos. only time i use that as a starter is on wake up then hit them back to gain zone again. then you can use your over head slash and wait for them to start jumping in towards you and using his bf3 or bf2 to keep them at bay. for teleporters i usually bait them to jump by pressing down while blocking with them thinking im doing a move then they set themselves up for punishment after they

tele.

he didnt ask you what combos start with f22 lol he asked you the best combos just after karma for a wake-up/jump in..

Criss

Mediocre Player
Im trying to use Kenshi, and the biggest problem I see is when they get close, and crossover jump punch. To me, Kenshi cant do much other than block and take the chip damage. You guys figure out if theres anyway to counter, or at least lesen crossover attacks?

B

BlackHole

Hey. I am extremely fond of Kenshi myself, making him my second main. My question is: have you found anything that works for his dropping sword (db4, df4, dbf4)? It seems a lot like another zoning move, but it's speed puts me off. I try to fit it in as a punish or a long distance trick but they see it coming a mile away. And what do you think of the mix-up off of 2,1: being able to overhead(b2) or stagger(f4 I think)? It seems useful, but i can't really combo off f4.

Hey. I am extremely fond of Kenshi myself, making him my second main. My question is: have you found anything that works for his dropping sword (db4, df4, dbf4)? It seems a lot like another zoning move, but it's speed puts me off. I try to fit it in as a punish or a long distance trick but they see it coming a mile away. And what do you think of the mix-up off of 2,1: being able to overhead(b2) or stagger(f4 I think)? It seems useful, but i can't really combo off f4.
Throwing in a mid range slash after a throw makes them have to block, and once they've gotten used to you slashing after a throw you can go in for another throw. His slashes are zoning moves, I find online a lot of times an easy way to get the first hit is to close range slash, because a lot of people have the tendency to jump in at the start of matches.