What's new

Guide - Balanced Kenshi Complete Balanced Guide By Pig of The Hut

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
This completes my Kenshi Variation Trilogy of Guides with the final one, Balanced. Below are some topics covered in this guide. Enjoy!

- Variation Intro
- Pros
- Cons
- BNBs
- AA
- Corner BNBs
- Analyzing match play w Balaned
- Meter Building 101
- Run Game
- Pressure Game
- Armor Traps
- The MANY Holes in Kenshi's Balanced game
- 22 Usage
- Spacing and D4 usage
- And more

Check it out below!!

@Immortal
@Orochi
@DarksydeDash
@ARMOR
@CrimsonShadow
@Ashenar
@YOMI DJT
@G4S J360
@Zabru
@Jack Burton
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Big D
I do not play Kenshi, and I have no interest in playing him. I just want to say a grand "thank you" to Pig for being such a wonderful member of our community. You're a treasure sir. Thanks for all you do! And your guides are amazing!

What do you guys mostly use when you just want to throw out a mid normal at sweep distance or slightly greater to apply pressure?
f2/b1 best range
f32/b32 hit confirmable, pretty fast
21 hit confirmable, safe with 212. Do any 2 starter strings have any use other than 22 for side switch? Need more info on this
432 relatively quick, 3 safe hits that build meter, lacks range
441 I believe this is safe. not really any different than 432 I guess
4d4 This is safe, but again why not just use 432
322 nice balance of speed and range but unsafe
f4 this move is just terrible
b2 ok range. really slow. Kenshi's only plus move if the frame data is correct. If the opponent is respecting armor this could be worth looking in to

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What do you guys mostly use when you just want to throw out a mid normal at sweep distance or slightly greater to apply pressure?
f2/b1 best range
f32/b32 hit confirmable, pretty fast
21 hit confirmable, safe with 212. Do any 2 starter strings have any use other than 22 for side switch? Need more info on this
432 relatively quick, 3 safe hits that build meter, lacks range
441 I believe this is safe. not really any different than 432 I guess
4d4 This is safe, but again why not just use 432
322 nice balance of speed and range but unsafe
f4 this move is just terrible
b2 ok range. really slow. Kenshi's only plus move if the frame data is correct. If the opponent is respecting armor this could be worth looking in to
1 and 11 mixed w 1 throw, 11 throw, 11 oh slash or 1 then d4 or 11 then d4

again all shit options but its the best he has

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
But throw sends em fullscreen! I still like playin balanced but he only works in matchups where he doesn't get outzoned. If he's against a char who needs in he can play his patient, come at me game. I really don't find him to be shit

Last edited:

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
@themagiccan2
I only use...
421 Each hit is plus 2 and pushes back, perfect place to use a d4
b32 safe low
11 quick jab
32 RARELY low crush properties and safe

441 and 4d4 are gimmicky and only to be used against people who don't know there's a hole or where to block

But yo his d4 is amazing. Super quick for it's reach with phantom hitbox, it pushes back and is -2 on block that's essentially neutral.

I use run and throw a bunch with this character when they respect armor or just spirit charge

Last edited: