What's new

General/Other - Tanya Keeping Tanya Cornered-by Tom Brady

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Tom wanted someone else to post this because his threads always get derailed with personal insults, so here we go. Long story short, a well timed neutral jump punch in the corner blows up all of her wakeup options. Yes, he's using Kung Jin who's super easy, but he did this with Sub Zero as well, it just requires stricter timing. So far the only character that he knows for sure CAN'T do this is Johnny Cage. Please try your character and report back to this thread with your results.

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
hmm well it works but depending on the timing as Tanya I can get away with the second teleport or a j2.
Plus it depends on the character's njp like with Jacqui it didnt feel reliable at all coz her njp is ass.. with the obvious suspects like KJ/Quan/Raiden it's a lot more legit.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is good but can be beaten.

For one you could just wakeup EX Flipkick when he's on the way down, which means Tanya then has you cornered. You could also just do an EX Back tele and then forward tele to make the njp whiff(you could maybe even do an njp of your own, not sure).

This is still good though because it makes her think twice about straight EX teleporting out of the corner. Makes it more of a guessing game.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
hmm well it works but depending on the timing as Tanya I can get away with the second teleport or a j2.
Plus it depends on the character's njp like with Jacqui it didnt feel reliable at all coz her njp is ass.. with the obvious suspects like KJ/Quan/Raiden it's a lot more legit.
And Ferra Torr, lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This looks nice :D

Honest question, can you get up normally then ex tele through the njp? Because of the armour/invincibility I think it might anti-air allowing for full combo.

This is still sick because it makes the Tanya player think twice about mindlessly waking up.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Honest question, can you get up normally then ex tele through the njp? Because of the armour/invincibility I think it might anti-air allowing for full combo.

This is still sick because it makes the Tanya player think twice about mindlessly waking up.
I just got home and I will go try it now!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

So the good news is this works very well for Cassie. I've seen Gross do it to Deg mid screen and it works even better in the corner. After the neutral jump punch, she either gets run under b12, Getaway Flip, B12 MB Nutpunch for a corner reset, or 33, B12, Getaway Flip, B12 NutPunch for 31% midscreen.

Edit: Even better!

As for Tanya getting up normally, I was only able to clip Cassie with the teleport and not get a follow up because her legs didn't reach. I recorded Cassie to jump at what I thought was the appropriate time and was never able to get a full combo because of distance issues. You should test it just to be sure.

Last edited:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Tom is right flip kick has too much recovery on wiff and needs to be adjusted to Sonya's dive kick levels of recovery. Good video Tom. :)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
People insult Tom in his threads?
The same Tom Brady who tells his stream viewers that he wants them to die in real life?
The Tom that insulted SonicFox's lisp because they didn't agree on the game?

That Tom Brady?

Perish the thought.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Off topic, but why do people attack Tom Brady? Im no way familiar with any of the top players except their gameplay. But hes a pretty cool dude from what i see from him
Except that hes named after a QB i just don't like :/

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Off topic, but why do people attack Tom Brady? Im no way familiar with any of the top players except their gameplay. But hes a pretty cool dude from what i see from him
Except that hes named after a QB i just don't like :/
Might be him cursing out the stream viewers that don't agree with him.

Or him telling them that he wishes their mothers would die.

Or him making fun of a teenager's speech impediment.

Or him blaming Sub Zero adjustments on, "crybaby scrubs" and then deleting the comments to try and cover up such statements.

And then, after all if this, Tom pulls the victim card and blames the trolls, the Sub Zero community, and say that all they do is troll him.

That might be part of why.