What's new

General/Other - Kano kanos up ball.....

kanos up ball is not 6 frames or is it?

B1,2,1 leaves kano 0 on block. In this video i do B1,2,1 then follow up with up ball. sub zero tries to counter poke after B1,2,1 with his 9 frame D1

B312 leaves kano at +1 on block. after B312 I follow up with up. sub zero tries to counter poke after B312 with his 9 frame D1.

so up ball isnt 6 frames?
I set kano to reversal in the corner to find this out. I found out its very inconsistent. It works on jax 3,B2 which is -6 frames and leaves jax right next to kano. mileenas F1,2,B4 doesn't work but leaves mileena at the same range as jax and is -6 on block. below i posted multiple stings stating if kanos up ball didnt work or did. also the block advantage and where the opponent was at after doing their string.

liu kang F3: doesn't work. -7 on block. leaves kano close on block
predator B3: doesn't work -7. leaves kano close on block
mileena 2,1: works. -7 on block. leaves kano close on block
mileena B1: works. -6 on block. leaves kano close on block
liu kang B1: doesn't work. -8 on block
predator 3,2,1+3: doesn't work. -9 on block
liu kang standing 2: doesn't work. -6 on block

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah it's barely ever actually going to hit in 6 frames. It's pretty stupid that his fastest move generally isn't even his fastest move lol.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah it's barely ever actually going to hit in 6 frames. It's pretty stupid that his fastest move generally isn't even his fastest move lol.
I agree. This is a universal problem for 6 frame reversals. Lets buff Kanos Up Ball, Cassies Flip and yeah that's it. Mostly Cassies flip.

some of the strings the opponents are at the same range and same advantage the reversal works for one but not the other

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
some of the strings the opponents are at the same range and same advantage the reversal works for one but not the other
Because they're not point blank. It depends on the characters hitbox and how close they do it. And since it's MKX probably how the opponent is breathing lol. They're too far away for the ball to reach on the first active frame. The advantage has nothing to do with it.

Another way to imagine is like... Kano has a fast knife, it starts up in like 12 frames but if the opponent is full screen it won't hit them in 12 frames. Why? Because it has to use a bunch of frames to travel across the screen and reach the opponent.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Midscreen, If I set the CPU to reversal UpBall and land S1 which is +1 on block and 7F start up, I can full combo punish the UpBall reversal grounded with S2 which comes out at 6 frames. If I do the S1 on block, but try to counter with Another S1 I can only trade. If you do S1 on block and then Flip Kick, you full combo him every time.

By that I would assume it has a 6F activation. The other factors with other characters/situations may be hitbox related, hurtbox related, moves distance, breathing related, who knows. Hard to say why this happens. I've tried figuring out the science but I canr. It isn't consistent as you point out but speed wise it has to be 6F or other it wouldn't be able to trade situations like Cassie's S1 follow up at 7F.

All in all, it probably can't be trusted to be fully reliable like other fast start up specials at this point.