What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano XBone/PS4 Casuals

Dean

On The Grind
Right now I'm not playing in any offline scene but I want to be the best I can be.

Wanted to start a thread that focused on finding other players to play and get feedback from to ultimately improve your game.

I'm looking for other players to play against, people that will give me feedback on things I can be doing better, etc.. Something we should all strive to do for one another in my opinion.

I really need to get better so please add me for some casuals and help me get better, if I can help any of you I absolutely will.

Playing random ppl online is getting old fast, I'm just hoping to start a thread where we can help one another improve our games and find one another easier.

XBL GT: Deanicity

Feel free to add me and post your GT/PSN name too!

E

Eldriken

hey, dean-o, where are you located? ec or west coast?
He could live next door to you and it would still lag with that McInternet connection you've got. :DOGE

Dean, feel free to add me on PSN if you want to. PSN is Eldriken.

Dean

On The Grind
I'm a XBone player, don't have a PS4 yet but hopefully soon.

I am a Kano player, a consistently losing one online, but I've been working hard at getting better.

I live in the Midwest

Near Dayton Ohio

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Add PSN: buyacushun for matches all night long. Or until my bedtime whichever comes first. East Coast BTW
That's for anyone visiting this this thread

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

I am a Kano player, a consistently losing one online, but I've been working hard at getting better.

I live in the Midwest

Near Dayton Ohio
ok, we can give it a shot. i just added you, pls go easy on me tho im the worst.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
This is good community Kano stuff. A lot of people like myself only just started gettin into fighting games (MKX is the first one I've ever taken seriously and gone online with, bothered to learn frame data and what not) and while a seasoned FG player can quickly learn using training room and visually pick things up quickly by playing online for a new player it often helps most when someone will play you in a private match and gauge your skill level/or give points as a match develops

Shaazzyam

I live in the Midwest

Near Dayton Ohio

ggs i had to go. never played a good kano before. connection felt ok, but those random spikes were killing me.

everyone should play this guy btw

Dean

On The Grind
Good Games man.. That lag was destroying my life. Ha

That and your neutral jumps.. I really struggle against strong mix-up characters with Kano, so playing against your Cassie and EB was good experience for me.

I thought your game was well rounded, so I appreciate the games. I just felt lost most of the time, I really don't know what I can do to better my game against characters like that. I know I was doing too many unsafe Kano balls, dropped combos (mainly because of lag), and I kept getting caught being too aggressive against you on wake-up. Somehow you kept getting that neutral jump off every time for free.

Anyway. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Keep posting your Gamer Tags/ PSN accounts guys! I hope to play more of you, I really do need as much help as I can get.

Xbox Gamer Tag - Deanicity

Shaazzyam

Good Games man.. That lag was destroying my life. Ha

That and your neutral jumps.. I really struggle against strong mix-up characters with Kano, so playing against your Cassie and EB was good experience for me.

I thought your game was well rounded, so I appreciate the games. I just felt lost most of the time, I really don't know what I can do to better my game against characters like that. I know I was doing too many unsafe Kano balls, dropped combos (mainly because of lag), and I kept getting caught being too aggressive against you on wake-up. Somehow you kept getting that neutral jump off every time for free.

Anyway. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Keep posting your Gamer Tags/ PSN accounts guys! I hope to play more of you, I really do need as much help as I can get.

Xbox Gamer Tag - Deanicity
well, you have to outplay me in the neutral game to stop the 50-50s. i don't know much about all kano's variations, frame data wise, but i dont think any of your normals compete with mine up close. you have to take advantage of your knives to make me commit to something risky through zoning and good ol' fashioned footsies. when i eventually do get in.... maximize your punishes on blocked 50-50s to not let me off the hook. that's the only advice i could give you for that lol.

njp is kind of the shazzy special and luckily for me cassie's air normals are great. you could bait it to punish me on landing frames or at least lay down some pressure, as well as make a hard read to anti air jump punch.

anyway, i had fun -- inv me anytime.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
@Dean a real effective method against jumping is a quick dash underneath to the other side or back dash like he said, if you backdash you're generally at the perfect range to b2 them as they land into full combo punish. This is if you aren't comfortable up balling or if you aren't willing to risk getting stuffed or trading. B1 works good as well but can be tricky at times to do in the heat of a match, up ball puts them at a range where you can begin zoning with those beautiful knives, it's hard to compete with Kano's zoning tools. I know when I started with Kano I would get impatient or try to rush down on knockdown a lot and basically you just want to be a tactician and patient with Kano. If you get frustrated and start throwing out unsafe moves things go down hill fast and it can be hard to come back when facing a big life deficit, especially against the Erron's, Cassie's, and Scorpions of MK

Dean

On The Grind
well, you have to outplay me in the neutral game to stop the 50-50s. i don't know much about all kano's variations, frame data wise, but i dont think any of your normals compete with mine up close. you have to take advantage of your knives to make me commit to something risky through zoning and good ol' fashioned footsies. when i eventually do get in.... maximize your punishes on blocked 50-50s to not let me off the hook. that's the only advice i could give you for that lol.

njp is kind of the shazzy special and luckily for me cassie's air normals are great. you could bait it to punish me on landing frames or at least lay down some pressure, as well as make a hard read to anti air jump punch.

anyway, i had fun -- inv me anytime.
My neutral game is garbage, I guess I don't really know what my best options are. I'm strong in the wake up game, I become too predictable though. My mixups are almost non existent against you though. lol

I really appreciate your input and your help, It sucks to lose on a consistent basis but I want to be good at this game so I will just keep trying. I hope to play with you as often as I can because I need to play against people that are better than me right now. So It helps.

Thanks again.

briann

Noob
Hi everyone!

So I'm the definition of a fighting game noob and am a bit scared to ask around too many places for help because I feel completely incompetent compared to most players here. I'd really love some live feedback from a more skilled Kano player on PS4. I've been looking at combos here and practicing Kano almost exclusively since MKX came out (mainly Cutthroat) and I still am terrible. I know it's a long learning process but I feel I've hit a brick wall and I don't know where to go.

I'm familiar with the basic fundamentals of the game (not so much the hypertechnical side, though I understand what is being talked about) however, I am struggling with combos. I feel like I only do the same 2 or so small combos with Cutthroat and everything else is kind of impromtu. I've tried Commando and love playing him, but it's such a guessing game for me that I can't even handle hard bots. Cybernetic is really difficult for me to wrap my head around for some reason.

I mainly do Practice mode and the Living Towers because all I ever fought online was Kung Jin and Scorpion and didn't have too much fun. Honestly I just want someone to explain Kano to me in a more dumbed down way than the posts I've read online and the videos I've seen.

TL;DR: I'm a new player and need help learning Kano's strengths, weaknesses and a few combos. I'd be really grateful if anyone could school me, in a friendly way!

I'm on PSN: jazzedboutjuicin

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Linkxs n Whisky. I'm a Kano player as well. I'm on the X1 too. anytime I'm on hit me up. I need great fighters to fight too.