What's new

Kano AA's

Flagg

Noob
Kano isn't known for having fast normals, so it would stand to reason that jab AA's for him are limited.

However, I have found B1 is actually pretty damn good due to how Kano moves forward but lowers his hitbox. If you connect, you can connect B11 and into a special and away you go. B112 as an AA doesn't work, as the 2 always whiffs (however this might be dependent on certain characters as I was doing this on a SZ i met in ranked).

Anyone else have any other good AA set ups, apart from the obvious Up Ball?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
B11 is great AA. Sometimes you have to dash back B11 into knifes. En knifes is a better option , cause you have more advantage for JIP, f11, f3b2, b112 or JKthrow.

for guys jumping in a standing 4 is pretty decent for a great deal of characters.
for kano its sorta iffy as its not really quick. It may take some practice before you can read the opponnents jump distance.
However if you hit a jumper with standing 4 you can punnish with 4, up ball or 4, en Knife, dash 11, up ball or choke. Its pretty tricky though.

Kanos air ball is a powerful tool of his. If some on jumps towards you or try to jump over you (for a sweep distance) jump backwards then air ball. Always use this if your up against characters that can dive kick. it will punnish them.

pressure with frequent chokes can supress jump aways.

for crossups however usually I just kano ball out of there then zone.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
why don't you just ball on reaction to discourage it? i think you can d1 choke and probably 11 it seems to have a nice hit box but haven't tested his standing 1

Plop

Noob
1 then dash into b12,upball/b11,uplball is good but the spacing has to be dead on. So 1 into upball is the most consistent.

I do like standing 4 into upball too, but yeah, you gotta read the just first.
Kanos air ball is a powerful tool of his. If some on jumps towards you or try to jump over you (for a sweep distance) jump backwards then air ball. Always use this if your up against characters that can dive kick. it will punnish them.
Not too sure about Sonya's divekick, but CSZ and KL's divekicks beat upball

you have to hit above the dive kick. thats why you must jump backwards first. You can say its not safe that or hard to read this. Thats true and all but do it, its worth the risk. jump away first ounce they jump towards and it will work.