What's new

Kameo pairings

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker
Outside of Darrius and his silly damage, who fits well with Reiko? I've used Kano more as an extra zoning but can't seem to find others that 'jive' with him well.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I don't play him but Lao maybe? Threat of low hat along with his over head normal. Using plus frames (especially when held) to set up command grab mind games. Gives him better zoning. I think Lao is just gonna be a good pick for anybody though purely because of low hat.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
From videos I've seen, if you want to extend air combos and add a few more hits to end in command grabs use Sonya, Scorpion.

Stryker, Jax and Goro also have set ups but i don't have the skill or patience to practice those. Heh.

I'm having fun with Frost's ground game options.

I don't play him but Lao maybe? Threat of low hat along with his over head normal. Using plus frames (especially when held) to set up command grab mind games. Gives him better zoning. I think Lao is just gonna be a good pick for anybody though purely because of low hat.
I love pairing him up with Lao. the low hat helps you add to the zoning capability, teleport give you some added mobility, and im sure spin would be able to help extend combo's but i'm still working on getting those skills together

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ok so who extends from the command grab and how?
Darrius's tornado kick. If timed properly, you can follow up with 3,4, amplified slide, 3, pale rider for 38% of damage.

I currently believe that Darrius (offense, damage, and extra health) and Sektor (zoning, okizeme, and fatal blow setups) are the two best kameos for Reiko. If you know how I like to play, you know that I prefer Sektor, but Darrius could be better against teleporters like Mileena and Smoke.

Kung Lao's low hat is exceptionally good, but the teleport and spin appear to have limited use. Thus far, I have found no setups with the teleport or extended combos with the spin.

Stryker complements Reiko's zoning very well but reduces your health to 950.

Some kameos may add slightly more damage to combos, which is negligible.

My current favorite is Frost. Her low ice adds an extra mix up and adds to Reiko's zoning as well. She can also throw out that slow orb to keep people away for zoning or make a slide in somewhat safe. If they get hit by slide while the slow ice orb is out, they fall on the orb for a free J213 into pressure.

I think Scorpion is slept on. Meterless combos for 33% or 1 meter for 39%. He gets a lot of combo routes because fire breath catches everything in the air. The fact that he can use shurikens to extend it means the scaling won't be as bad. B34 can also be perform in a combo and he is the only Kameo that can do it.

If you know how I like to play, you know that I prefer Sektor,
Well at end of mkx you turned full on rushdown, and i never played you in mk11, im surprised you arent Shang or Sindel now. As sindel with sektor missles or motaros ambush the only char who outzones me is shang it seems. Rain plus sektor seems like another powerful combo for long range

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well at end of mkx you turned full on rushdown, and i never played you in mk11, im surprised you arent Shang or Sindel now. As sindel with sektor missles or motaros ambush the only char who outzones me is shang it seems. Rain plus sektor seems like another powerful combo for long range
I had to do what I had to do in MKX. LOL.

Rain's zoning game is very bad. Sindel's is OK. Shang Tsung's is solid.

Zoning is limited in MK1 because offense is substantially better.

There is no zoning equivalent of Baraka's damage output and conversions, Cage's pressure, Kenshi's sento stance mix ups, and Raiden's chip damage as well as anti-zoning. These characters are currently considered the best characters in early tier lists by the vast majority of high level players whereas the zoning and turtle characters, namely Rain and Sub Zero, are considered the worst.

Imo, Darius is not worth it. You can get just as much damage with Serena but with half the cooldown.

I think they really need to buff the Darius cooldown, maybe only make it super slow with you use the extended moves. But for the spin kick it should not take up a full kameo bar

derOeler

Death comes to all!
I think Scorpion is slept on. Meterless combos for 33% or 1 meter for 39%. He gets a lot of combo routes because fire breath catches everything in the air. The fact that he can use shurikens to extend it means the scaling won't be as bad. B34 can also be perform in a combo and he is the only Kameo that can do it.
I did not know that. Thanks for the hint.
JIK Slide into Scorpion is cheap and b34 into upK is potentially an insane whiff punisher.
Can you please elaborate on the shurikens..

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Imo, Darius is not worth it. You can get just as much damage with Serena but with half the cooldown.
The attraction is that Darrius can combo from the command grab. Sareena cannot, but she brings other interesting attributes so you may be onto something.

The back kameo is very good for zoning against teleporters. For example, if Raiden teleports, the returning daggers will connect on players who believe that they have an opportunity for a jab punish. You can follow up with combos after the trade. You can also combo after full-screen back kameo with EX slide, which could be useless in a couple of match ups (i.e., vs. Scorpion to punish whiffed spears).

The down kameo has invincibility frames for a brief duration and can be used to interrupt strings with gaps. You simply hold block and mash down+kameo. If there is a gap, Sareena attacks. If there is no gap, you keep blocking.

The forward kameo is underrated. Quick whiff recovery (23 frames) and short cooldown (3 seconds like Kung Lao's low hat).

There could also be some synergy between tactical takedown and the meter drain kameo in combos since the takedown's animation lasts for three seconds. There is a way to cause Sareena to appear behind the opponent while doing the staple combo so that she is 100% safe.