What's new

Kabal vs Mileena -teleport counter attacks

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey folks!

I've been in the Lab for the past 2 days trying to find out how to deal with desperate Mileena's tele-port since i have two very good Mileena's users and just sometimes i was wiped just with these great tools she has.

This is only the beginning of tests but i already have developed a anti-teleport attack. There 3 options so for known to me.
All these were done with a dummy set to "wakeup attack"

So, lets get to the point!

Option 1 - taking teleport with exspin on reaction ( there will be two outcomes: 1 - you will spin her just above your head eating the dmg of first teleport (if it is ex ver). Outcome 2 - you will take 5% dmg from first tele hit and just dash to end screen.

Now, this option is the safest - cause either way you save life bar (a bit, but still some) but there is possibility to get her ass to spin and get the air juggle.

Option 2 - this is done (for now) with Bs knockdown. After you knock her down with Bs you wait just about a sec (more less) and take a back dash and cancel it into standing uppercut. The catch here is that the uppercut has to be at its almost ending animation.

Option 3 - This is one is based on AGB. After a knockdown (or whenever you feel the tele is coming) you do a back jump and the sec you her showing from top of the screen you do AGB. Kabal should be just next to her - i believe you can fallow this with spin into air juggle (not tested yet)

------------------------------------------
Tell me what you'all think and if someone could help me out with this we could make this MU a bit easier.
One more thing - i know its all seems not practical and all, but i believe its possible to get this constantly whenever you feel the tele is coming. I developed this options so that i wont die as easy as they want me to die with just a simple bull shit like this. I hope we will get this further and from this point on Mileena users will have to work a bit harder to finish us off.

I will try to post some videos once i have the option to do so.

Somberness

Lights
You can just low block the 2nd hit of the enhanced teleport and do a d1~nomad dash. You can probably connect something before the dash too. There's no need to do any of that.

Crathen

Death is my business
First off , you can't know the exact moment mileena will teleport ( a good mileena won't tele out of a far knockdown ) so you can't base yourself on prediction , secondly the tele is a reaction move and will be used to punish your fullscreen & midscreen buzzsaws.

In case you block a normal tele standing (she will be high in the air and timing an air sai could mistime your punish so wait for her :

- Safest option crouch and uppercut
- 2 f32 Nd b(12)1 dash f4 ndc

There are better punish wich i will post in the guide

If it's an EX tele you have to crouch block it to punish it:

- Release block and uppercut
- d1 f4 Nd b(12)1 dash f4 ndc

Sometimes when she'll air sai after EX tele her legs will be too far to reach with d1 ( and maybe you can d4 ND but i will have to test it ) so your best bet is uppercut.

Saltea Moonspell

Well, as i said this is an option when you can predict an teleport. In my experience at the end of the battle i get finished with ex teleport. The none enhanced version can be easily punished. But the Ex with air sai as you mentioned will get us d1 but she will be to far to link the f4 into spin.

That is main reason why I came up to this. If you have meter and you can guess and teleport (and you are out of life) you can take her on. And this will keep you alive. To me - as i see it is always the easiest way for her to finish her opponent who has low health. In any case if you see this coming it is all possible. These options allows us to react before we take the dmg - not after. I can punish teleports after i block'em but i never did before and now it seems its possible.

period i have trouble with mileena. i can never really zone at all. wake up game is stopped by timing her tele kick, she always hits me whether low or high. and spamming up and down blocka doesnt work, what the best strat against here?

shura30

Shura
If it's an EX tele you have to crouch block it to punish it:

- Release block and uppercut
- d1 f4 Nd b(12)1 dash f4 ndc
you can time the f4 to catch her on the ground for a whole jip combo after the ND

crouching and d1/d4 is always the best option
you can use it wether mileena is going for the air sai cancel or not (in fact in practice mode you're going to train against extele without sais coming afterwards)

for showoff purposes only you can block the first kick then exND (with inverted inputs) the second one..can also be done against reptile's exED

Saltea Moonspell

I always try to stay in jumpin distance. Zoning is risky and you cannot relay on it. Pressure and baiting tele's and rolls is your best options.