What's new

General/Other Just started playing Sub today...

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I'm having a lot of fun so far. It's a nice change of pace from playing Quan-Chi and it's great actually having defensive options. Plus the dark-blue alternate colors look badass.

Is MK3 costume is kinda lame, but that's okay.

I just wish it wasn't so hard for me to cancel d4's online. I keep doing standing 4's or not cancelling at all.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Just remember, the deadliest mistake you can make with Sub-Zero is picking him at the select screen....

....Other than that have a blast!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
My advice:

1. Play Kenshi/Raiden instead

failing that...

2. D4 is your best friend
3. Don't clone too much, make them guess when you're gonna pop one
4. Push everyone to the corner... that's where you're gonna win.
5. Random slides... know when and when not to use them. Unlike me.
6. XRAY DAT BITCH

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I would never play Raiden, he's lame lol. Thanks for the advice though:)

It's funny, buttons on my Onza controller are breaking left and right but I keep playing around the broken buttons. I played like 10 hours yesterday. I've actually been forced to use that awful trigger to block, both bumpers on the right side are gone. My Sabertooth can't get here soon enough...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Playing Sub online is a lot of fun actually lol. I use to troll Ranked by playing complete rushdown with him. A lot of players online don't know about frame data so I would abuse d4 then 21 business.

Art Killer B

[Mid-tier Humble-man]
Don't let anyone get in your head, you can do extremely well with Sub-Zero.
Just get a secondary for Kenshi, Kitana, Cyrax and Noob-Saibot (Skarlet, Sektor and Kabal can be tricky ones, but nothing you can't overcome).
Other than them, you won't have any problem.

Side note: If you lose, think about what you did wrong in that match before blaming Subby for it.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Don't let anyone get in your head, you can do extremely well with Sub-Zero.
Just get a secondary for Kenshi, Kitana, Cyrax and Noob-Saibot (Skarlet, Sektor and Kabal can be tricky ones, but nothing you can't overcome).
Other than them, you won't have any problem.

Side note: If you lose, think about what you did wrong in that match before blaming Subby for it.
I'm nowhere near good enough to blame a character for losing anyway. Thanks for the tips, I main Quan-Chi and Freddy is my other secondary.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I played more than half a dozen games with this one kid. He had a mic and played Sub/LK. We were talking and being friendly and I was trying to teach him a little. All of a sudden after I beat him for whatever countless time in a row he's like "Hey Dude?", "Yeah?", "I just wanna say you're a spammer and a [ban incoming]". Then he hit's NO.

HAHAHAHA, I love Sub-Zero's corner. I was trying to tell him he needs to spam fireballs with LK and he's all like "No i'm not a spammer". I mean, good for him, being all honorable and what-not, but unless he starts "spamming" he's just gonna be angry at everyone that beats him.

The kid calling me a [ban incoming] and quitting was kind of unexpected, but it felt good knowing that he blew his lid after losing match after match in the corner.

Yes bigdddadddy, because you got smashed in the corner I put my penis into men.

Idk what you people say, online is awesome!!!!!

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Dude, this Sub-Zero sarcasm is gonna become a meme. hahaha.

I actually love playing Sub-Zero. I'm just a casual player that likes to have a professional understanding of the game (like frame data, safe jumps and blah blah) so playing lower tier characters is ok for me.