What's new

Just recently got SSF4 (Not AE), need help

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
After only watching the MK streams at Evo because I don't understand the other fighters (I sort of get Tekken, but it's been a LONG time), I went out and bought SSF4

Now at first I decided to main Vega, that lasted for about half a day until I decided that I hate his inputs and I chose Ibuki instead.

Can anyone link me to a good guide for Ibuki, or give me some good tips for her right now? I'd love to get good at this game.

LockM

Noob
After only watching the MK streams at Evo because I don't understand the other fighters (I sort of get Tekken, but it's been a LONG time), I went out and bought SSF4

Now at first I decided to main Vega, that lasted for about half a day until I decided that I hate his inputs and I chose Ibuki instead.

Can anyone link me to a good guide for Ibuki, or give me some good tips for her right now? I'd love to get good at this game.
Ibuki forums on Shoryuken is definately the place to be for learning her, don't get discouraged by the overwhelming amount of info, just focus on the basics, no need to take too much on your plate.
Pretty old video, but almost everything still applies today, should get you started atleast.

jtom

Noob
First understand that SF is not an easy game to learn, it takes much time and patience.

I usually suggest for SF beginners to learn the normals of the character that you intend to main inside and out. Play your friends, or play online and try to win matches using ONLY your normals. This sounds boring I know, but it will help cultivate your understanding of how footsies and spacing works in SF, which is by far and away the most important component of the game. Maybe have a simple BNB in your pocket to practice when the opportunity to punish presents itself.

The key is to not get sucked into the advanced mechanics of the game. You can go into training mode and practice a high dmg combo or reset until your hands are numb but if you dont have the knowledge to utilize it in match situations it will mean absolutely nothing.

You will find everything you need to know about any character at Shoryuken.com

jtom

Noob
also, execution wise, ibuki is not a character that i would suggest for a beginner. off the top of my head characters like balrog, akuma, ryu, ken, sagat, fei, abel etc have easy execution

Victor

Noob
I would watched videos on YouTube; that's probably your best bet at learning, seeing as there is a lot of high level play floating around on YouTube from the main channel uploaders. Such as: Ov3rheadgreg, Yogaflame24, and more. Those are just the main channel uploaders but you should definitely check them out. They will help you out in the most efficient way.