What's new

Question - Royal Storm Just learning

I am still learning the game, I don't know if there is a thread for this already I looked but couldn't find one, but I uploaded a match of me using Kitana (i know i suck like i said im new) but any advice to help me out)

gam224

The world's least hype player
More consistent combos with more fans. In general as kitana you should be throwing Instant air fans as much as possible. This will help with getting pressured by jump ins.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Most importantly be more aggressive. Most of the match you are blocking waiting for your opponent to do something when you should be using your own offense. If you predict your opponent will do a jump in, instead of blocking it jump backwards and do air fan into combo, you did that more later in the match which was good.

Do b1 4 more, the low will catch some people off guard, then leave them guessing by throwing in the overhead (b2 i think) or a throw

After you do ex db2, use lift in air so that the air fan will connect

B3 fan slash was good, use that more often, but not too much so they don't expect it and punish you

And visit the combo thread so you have consistent combos

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
Its hard to judge based off of one game and where you won also. The only thing that inst going to be opinion based is dropping your combos/dont

But IMO you respected that tremor trash too much.

just keep at it.

Yes, I have it on PSN and Xbone. I'll be posting videos up on here from time to time for help/understanding how to get better, if that's alright? haha

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Online is a cow - though I am in Australia where it seems to lag a lot - almost to unplayable at times. This can create havoc with sticking combos and I drop them a lot. It can be very frustrating. I am not great myself and no longer bother with online but I found the following combo helpful online

(111 or 21) - fan, f43, f4 ~ lift, jik ~ df1, f4 ~ bf3 / db3

If this is not sticking due to lag, I will just do jk fan fan (or another special) after the lift. You will not get anywhere near as much damage as optimal, but it is very forgiving with timing. You will stick it and build some meter. I'd rather get 28 - 30% most of the time than 35+ 1/10th of the time. Offline is another story.

Other thing is iaf. Practice them as much as possible. Once again, I get them out most of the time offline, buy not as much online... It is still worth trying to throw them out sometimes as it will catch people due to the randomness.

Probably playing a bit lamer with fans would have been good at times too. You will build lots of meter and the person will get frustrated and make mistakes. I noted that you got him a couple of fans from the other side of the screen and the you would hesitate rather than throwing another out immediately.

Ass is worth using now and then too. It will push them away and frustrate them. You did that a couple of times in the end and it seemed to add to your success

Online is a cow - though I am in Australia where it seems to lag a lot - almost to unplayable at times. This can create havoc with sticking combos and I drop them a lot. It can be very frustrating. I am not great myself and no longer bother with online but I found the following combo helpful online

If this is not sticking due to lag, I will just do jk fan fan (or another special) after the lift. You will not get anywhere near as much damage as optimal, but it is very forgiving with timing. You will stick it and build some meter. I'd rather get 28 - 30% most of the time than 35+ 1/10th of the time. Offline is another story.

Other thing is iaf. Practice them as much as possible. Once again, I get them out most of the time offline, buy not as much online... It is still worth trying to throw them out sometimes as it will catch people due to the randomness.

Probably playing a bit lamer with fans would have been good at times too. You will build lots of meter and the person will get frustrated and make mistakes. I noted that you got him a couple of fans from the other side of the screen and the you would hesitate rather than throwing another out immediately.

Ass is worth using now and then too. It will push them away and frustrate them. You did that a couple of times in the end and it seemed to add to your success
the combo you mentioned is the one i try, but kept dropping during that match, i can do iaf on P2 side but for some reason i can't on P1 side, im still working on it, and ya i do her booty bounce move when i want to push them back farther and harass them with fans, but i only really do it when im on P2 side since i can't get iaf on P1 side

I have another video up, I'm getting alittle better at hitting my combos but still problems with being rushed down, and still getting freaked out to the point where I just crouch block. Any tips?

-Blinky-

The Cyber Initiative
I have another video up, I'm getting alittle better at hitting my combos but still problems with being rushed down, and still getting freaked out to the point where I just crouch block. Any tips?

Worst Quan Chi I've ever seen.

As for you i'd say more IA Fans, stop blocking so much, and work on you're combos.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

Is Australian MKX worse than other countries? It certainly feels much past the point of "noticeable lag" (which sucks but can be dealt with), and treading well into "unplayably bad with up to 300 frames of lag"... is it because Australian internet infrastructure in general is far behind other countries?