What's new

[Jun 1, 2014] Battle at the Capitol 2... (Arlington, Virginia)

https://www.facebook.com/events/483899621744033/

After a very successful first event, Shin Tristan in collaboration with D.C. eSports is proud to present the Battle at the Capitol 2! Using what we've learned from our first event, our goal is to make this event make this one even bigger and better than its predecessor. Our goal is to make this tournament series a staple for the DMV Fighting Game Community!

THERE WILL BE A INJUSTICE SIDE TOURNEY IF PEOPLE SHOW.

Fees
- Venue Fee: $10
- Entry Fee Per Title: $10

Payouts
- 1st: 70%
- 2nd: 20%
- 3rd: 10%

Venue
Hard Times Cafe
3028 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22203

Directions

Metro: Get off at the Clarendon stop from the Orange line. Hard Times will be immediately across the street and to the left of the station entrance, on the corner of Wilson Blvd and N Highland Street.

Schedule
1:00 PM: SSFIV:AE, UMvC3, and KI Registration/Casuals
2:00 PM: Registration Ends (Absolutely no entrants will be admitted after this time)
2:30 PM: SSFIV:AE, UMvC3, KI Tournament Play Begins
9:00 PM: Event Conclusion/Break Down Setups

Recording/Stream
Shin Tristan will be streaming this event, his channel located athttp://www.twitch.tv/st_ultimate. In addition, there will be a recording station provided by D.C. eSports for use during the tournament.

Rules

General Rules:
- No Wireless Controllers/Joysticks
- The Cronos converter is banned.
- You may request Blind Pick
- No turbo buttons allowed for any games
- This is a BYOC (bring your own controller/converter or joystick) event
- Equipment malfunctions that pause/reset matches may result in game/match losses at the discretion of the tournament director
- All dipswitch settings set to default when applicable

Conduct:
- Hard Times Cafe is a sports bar and inherently, there will be alcohol readily available for those who wish to partake. With that said, no under-aged drinking will be tolerated- NO EXCEPTIONS! Breaking this rule will result in ejection from the tournament and venue.
- There will be no smoking in the tournament area.
- Cheating will not be tolerated - any sign of cheating will result in forfeit from the tournament.
- Fighting will result in ejection from the tournament area and a lifetime ban from this and future D.C eSports events.

Specific Game Rules

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012 (360):
- 2/3 Rounds
- Early Rounds: 2/3 Match Points
- Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals: 3/5 Match Points
- Default round time
- All characters are legal
- Winner keeps same character and Ultra between matches; Loser can change characters
- Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360):
- All Rounds (including Grand Finals): 3/5 Matches
- No game breaking glitches allowed
- Winner must retain same team and order at player select screen, but may reorder by holding an assist during loading screens

Killer Instinct (XB1):
- All rounds before Grand Finals: 2/3 Matches
- Grand Finals: 3/5 Matches
- Winner keeps same character between matches; Loser can change characters

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
There was no igau advertised on the first one so I wasnt sure if it was ran, I know Ice Angel is very interested in going and Ill see how my schedule looks, fuerte went to the last one and took AE as well

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I wish I could make it, but the wife isn't very fond of me leaving her alone with the kids twice in one month

After Seeing the hype at UFGTX I sincerely hope the Injustice scene pulls through in the DMV region. @DarthArma it would be amazing if you could bring the TriState people.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I would be down, but I got way too much going on this weekend to be able to make it

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
So we're got a team battle organized, including Me, RelaxedState, MrAquaman, Astronout, Etc
It might not be streamed though, Injustice is a side game at BATC.
@astronout can you bring your stream setup?
There's also a small discount on the venue for people who bring tournament setups I believe.

astronout

see you at the top.
So we're got a team battle organized, including Me, RelaxedState, MrAquaman, Astronout, Etc
It might not be streamed though, Injustice is a side game at BATC.
@astronout can you bring your stream setup?
There's also a small discount on the venue for people who bring tournament setups I believe.
do you know how the internet is there?

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
do you know how the internet is there?
I talked with Tristan, he said the internet sucks too much for a secondary stream, but we will have time on the main stream for Injustice

Oh ya and bring setups if you can. He needs all his setups for Tournament

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
how did the event go, guys? i will be making sure to attend the next one. this one is so close to home!

plus i gotta meet Mr Auqaman in person.
This event was fun as hell, the location is in an actual restaurant on the 2nd floor and theres a bar in the actual "ballroom" lol. Space is real tight but we made it work. I am def going to make it to the next one of I can it was an absolute blast. I also gotta defend the title ;] Would love to meet ya man. I am no top hollywood asshole im just a scrub who loves to play the game against my friends.