What's new

Jumping

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
After jumping, almost everyone's jump in beats mine. Is that normal? I think Killer Frost is a very good character but have trouble with this.

Another thing I've had Banes and Doomsdays cross me up, and I held block (forward, I knew it was cross up) and they hit me anyways. I'm not downplaying Killer, I'm just asking how to deal with air-to-air. Sorry to sound like a n00b. I'll take criticism if anyone wants to play me on PSN.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
D2 is her best anti air. You got to just slide/dash underneath the opponent if you suspect that it'll cross you up or of course just block.

As far as Air-to-Air goes, unless you do a VERY deep and preemptive J3 then they will most likely beat you clean out of your air attack. Her air options in general are pretty terrible. There is a reason why characters with strong air options give her trouble.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
just slide, seriously

I believe he is asking why KF has poor responses to jump ins. Not him actually jumping. If you literally told him to just slide then you have no idea what you are talking about.

sunlord5
KF has very poor AA options, her d2 is her only real AA and it is beaten by moves with larger hitboxes/small hurtboxes, it also has crap priority. If they are being predictable, a J3 can be used as it sets up for combos and such.

Basically KF sucks against jump ins, learn to backdash in response to ones you cant D2. Usually after a backdash a slide is the best option if they miss.

everyone on this site has not one clue on what to do with jump in even tho GGA Slips told us all in a huge thread explaining in plain English on how to go high level in this game still there is non stop pleaing about jump ins
Jumping has the most priority and for most characters there is no use in trying to beat it with brawn, so what frost wants to do is dash under the Jump than slide while they are in there recovery frames.
whiffing a jumpin attack is about -15 on whiff I believe, so you will have so much time to just slide it while they are landing and in there recovery.

Anti Airs in this game suck, that's why.
Some aerial attacks have huge hitboxes and reach, so try armor f3 as an Anti Air.

everyone on this site has not one clue on what to do with jump in even tho GGA Slips told us all in a huge thread explaining in plain English on how to go high level in this game still there is non stop pleaing about jump ins
Jumping has the most priority and for most characters there is no use in trying to beat it with brawn, so what frost wants to do is dash under the Jump than slide while they are in there recovery frames.
whiffing a jumpin attack is about -15 on whiff I believe, so you will have so much time to just slide it while they are landing and in there recovery.
But slide is 21 frames though.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Man I don't get why people say her d2 Sucks lol. I have no problem AAing with d2 at all and it's fine with me. It's fast, safe, as good range and beats Alot of jumpins. I've beaten Doomsday's and banes splash, and can trade with batmans j2. In some cases, if she trades with d2, she can still combo into slide and get a reset. Even if you have trouble with d2, she still has mbf3 which will blow up any jump in. Her standing 2 is good as well.

I cringe when people say she has poor aa options. That's so far from the truth.

And Mr. Mileena, slide isn't 21f. Frame data is wrong. It's much faster than that, it's around 15f or something.

Man I don't get why people say her d2 Sucks lol. I have no problem AAing with d2 at all and it's fine with me. It's fast, safe, as good range and beats Alot of jumpins. I've beaten Doomsday's and banes splash, and can trade with batmans j2. In some cases, if she trades with d2, she can still combo into slide and get a reset. Even if you have trouble with d2, she still has mbf3 which will blow up any jump in. Her standing 2 is good as well.

I cringe when people say she has poor aa options. That's so far from the truth.

And Mr. Mileena, slide isn't 21f. Frame data is wrong. It's much faster than that, it's around 15f or something.
It's probably 21 frames far distance.

Dizz_88

Noob
I understand her AA is not that good against SOME characters. I have trouble with this myself. Against Bat-Man for example I cannot D2 his J2. If I play somebody that has good spacing and knows I will do a F3 MB they will do the scatter bombs and my F3 MB will whiff. So Bat-Man can jump around on me all day and his J2 cross up is very annoying. Same with Scorps one jump in, J3

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Those are some of the jump ins that give her d+2 trouble. I do not really try to d+2 a Scorp jump 3. Only in the rare case where he's doing it from far range and preemptively to try to win an air to air and it won't be active as he's coming down. So against those types of jump attacks her best options are preemptive jump 2/3, preemptive slide, mb f+3 or space it out and let him land in front of you then punish the whiff or at least get a 50/50.

When her d+2 fails it's annoying but keep in mind a lot of the cast don't have a reliable d+2 at all. With Catwoman I have to use those other options for ALL jump ins.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Edit: sorry it appears I was pocket posting. That is what I get for leaving tap a talk open when I put my phone in my pocket.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Her d2 is really good actually, but the probably is that some characters' jump-in's just out prioritize everything in this game.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
yeah ive got to agree,i think her down 2 is pretty good.im hating trying to deal with green arrows jumping 3 atm.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Her instant air dashes are immune to some normals, now if only I could get those off all of the time.