What's new

Jumping BS

o29

Noob
Well Trip Guard is accurate, because its the part of your jump that you can only cancel into blocking, but when you attack late in a jump, recovery eats it and you can really only get nailed. We still call that the "trip guard" phase of the jump.
That makes perfect sense. Thank you for taking the time to explain!

kcd117

Noob
Invincibility on d2 would be fine. There’s no reason not to, and considering the number of 2d games with invincible AAs, some of them being universal, its not out of the norm. They could literally go the 2h route from dbfz and give d2s iframes from frame 4-5 or whatever. Also crossups need a fix, there are some angles where crossups are out right unantiairable.
I don’t think this is a good idea.

Anti airs need to be consistent, not a scrub-friendly 10 frames universal panic button.

Jump punches should be easier to anti-air and lead to big reward on hit. Jump kicks should be hard to anti air and give low rewards in comparison.

Just give every character more D2s as effective as Jade’s and less D1s as obnoxious as Sonya’s.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
If they could make jump in attks not super plus it wouldn't be bad, like if I didn't have to guess cause I blocked your j2 from having screen.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Arent jumpkicks only advantage on block depending when they hit you late? Like when they hit u late they have more frames advantage and when they jumpkick early they are more negative but also harder to antiair. Correct me if im wrong.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I don’t think this is a good idea.

Anti airs need to be consistent, not a scrub-friendly 10 frames universal panic button.

Jump punches should be easier to anti-air and lead to big reward on hit. Jump kicks should be hard to anti air and give low rewards in comparison.

Just give every character more D2s as effective as Jade’s and less D1s as obnoxious as Sonya’s.
I mean, the nature of the iframes mean they’d have to be on reaction, if someone aa’s late then they get clipped, but it significantly lessens situations where jump kicks just steam roll you. Dbfz does just fine with it, obviously its a different game, but the concept is still there. Unless they bring in dp type motions which they’ll never do, this is the next best thing. Also it means some of the crazy ass jump kicks that we have now can stay because there’s solid counter play.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I played for years MK9 and MKX. With the characters I played, I could almost always AA, with the tools I had (d1d4(MKX0,s1,s2. There were some exceptions, but they were very few.

In this game, I've been playing for, like almost 3 months, and I cant stand the fact, that carelessly I get jumped on. The universal d2 are inconsistent, and on top of that, the risk/reward ratio, is so good, that even successful d2 twice in a raw, wont prevent'em from fa@cking jumping. Not to mention, that the mechanics of "backdash", s@cks donkeys balls.

This game, is really a haven for scrubs, because of this, and the retarded-friendly mechanics that have been implemented.

Gaxkang

Banned
I played for years MK9 and MKX. With the characters I played, I could almost always AA, with the tools I had (d1d4(MKX0,s1,s2. There were some exceptions, but they were very few.

In this game, I've been playing for, like almost 3 months, and I cant stand the fact, that carelessly I get jumped on. The universal d2 are inconsistent, and on top of that, the risk/reward ratio, is so good, that even successful d2 twice in a raw, wont prevent'em from fa@cking jumping. Not to mention, that the mechanics of "backdash", s@cks donkeys balls.

This game, is really a haven for scrubs, because of this, and the (soap bar in my mouth)-friendly mechanics that have been implemented.
I doubt NRS will change it really...it's like what they are going for, with the jumps. They want cheese.

I don't remember MKX enough to recall how I felt in that...but like in Injustice 2 I'd get the same feelings as in this where like jumps I'd AA all the time in SFV I would eat in NRS' game.

Plus they shove it onto their online...which means many times ya got no chance anyways.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I doubt NRS will change it really...it's like what they are going for, with the jumps. They want cheese.

I don't remember MKX enough to recall how I felt in that...but like in Injustice 2 I'd get the same feelings as in this where like jumps I'd AA all the time in SFV I would eat in NRS' game.

Plus they shove it onto their online...which means many times ya got no chance anyways.
Thank God, I got some real shit in life to look into, that it dosent really bother me that much any more. The game, is a progress, so I guess I can be happy about it. Its like when you upgrade your girlfriend/boyfriend. You get a better partner, but still lacking in some other areas. Its like what they say - you cant have it both ways.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.

It's not out of the question. In I:GAU there were universal d2 buffs because almost none of them worked. After the buffs, half of them worked.