What's new

[Jul 20, 2011] Midwest Midweek Midtournament: July 20th @ Galloping Ghost Arcade (Brookfield, IL)

Heroic_Legacy

Apprentice
Reposting from Shoryuken!

Presenting the inaugural

Midwest Midweek Midtournament

July 20th, 2011

Galloping Ghost Arcade

9415 Ogden Avenue

Brookfield, IL 60513

(708) 485-4700

www.gallopingghostarcade.com

This is the first of hopefully many Chicagoland Wednesday night battles to be held at Galloping Ghost Arcade, this one scheduled for a week and a half prior to Evo.

The Details

The Tournaments: Three will be held, in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Mortal Kombat 9.

The Systems: SSF4:AE and MvC3 will be held on both consoles, MK9 on PS3.

The Price: Entry is $5 per tournament plus a $5 venue fee.

The Payout: All tournaments will be 70/20/10 for top 3 finishers, plus a bonus $10 each to all top 4 finishers.

The Rules: All tournaments are standard Evo rules (double-elimination, best 2 out of 3 format, with winner's, loser's, and grand finals best 3 out of 5, only loser may change characters, etc.).

The Late-comers: If you want to enter but cannot make it exactly on time, please notify me (Max) ahead of time so you can be entered into the bracket.

The Casuals: There should be ample time for casuals both before and after the official tournament

The Bring-your-own-controller: Bring your own controller.

Tentative Schedule

3:30 pm - Venue doors open

6:30 pm - Sign-up starts for all tournaments

7:45 pm - Sign-up ends for SSF4 and MvC3

8:00 pm - SSF4 and MvC3 tournaments begin

8:30 pm - Sign-up ends for MK9

8:45 pm - MK9 tournament begins

The Stream

I should also mention that July 20th will be the first official "Wednesday Nights at the Galloping Ghost" LIVE STREAM. So the side tournament will be The Official Chicagoland Stream Commentator Auditions or The MidVoice.

Questions?

Contact Max (Phone 301 404 0316, E-mail [email protected]) or Domingo (Phone 630 433 6979).

Hope you all make it out there!

Heroic_Legacy

Apprentice
Addendum.

1) SSF4:AE and MvC3 will be held on both systems not just Xbox 360. We will attempt to play most of the matches on XBox, but if you only have a PS3 stick/pad, an exception should be able to be made for you. If you have to play a match on a system that you do not have a controller for, there will be enough other people there who will let you borrow one for that system. There will NOT be separate PS3 and Xbox pools.

2) If you have a system, game disc, monitor, or cables and you can bring them to the event, please do. We want to make sure we have enough setups, and there should be some room for casuals as well.

3) Bonus payouts will be dependent on number of entrants. It will be $10 each for the top 4 only if 32 or more people enter a tournament. For 16-31 people, the bonus will be $5 each.

4) In the Mortal Kombat 9 tournament, Skarlett, Kenshi, and Rain are allowed. This is a departure from the Evo rules. Kratos and all DLC costumes are banned.

5) I will need volunteers to help me run the tournament. Please contact me if you're interested.

6) Amongst more slight schedule changes, the Mortal Kombat tournament is moved up to start at approximately 8:45 pm instead of 10 pm.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
Myself and a friend will come up for this and bring a setup and Evo monitor.