What's new

[Jul 12, 2014] Rocket Punch 5 (Cincinnati, Oh)

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I just realized I never copied this event over to TYM. Oops.

____

Instead of sitting at home watching the EVO stream on your computer, I offer this, our fifth annual tournament and EVO stream viewing event (on a 135" HD screen no less!). EVO live stream is always very hype and a nice way to relax between matches. Your admission to any tournament at Arcade Legacy includes FREE PLAY on all of the 60+ arcade games and pinballs in the building!

RESULTS - link posted after the event

We will not be streaming this event as everyone, everywhere will be watching EVO

When: July 12th, 2014
Doors open at 11am. The arcade closes when we are done, which should be by 1am. If people want to hang around later an continue to watch he stream, we can stay open longer.

Where:
Arcade Legacy
662 Cincinnati Mills Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45240
513-874-8766

www.arcadelegacyohio.com for directions and any other info you need

GAMES:
Tournament pot split is 70/20/10. Double elimination.

VENUE FEE: $10

Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3) -- $5 entry (1pm) run by ailerus

Mystery Game (various platforms) -- $3 entry (2pm) run by AL & *WINNER TAKES ALL*

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360) - $5 entry (3pm) run by NeonGeon

Street Fighter EX2+ (arcade) - $2 entry (4pm) run by YetiGhettoSlang

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) - $5 entry (6pm) run by DRAGO

Injustice (PS3/360) -- $5 entry (7pm) run by Fromundaman

RULES: UMVC3 and INJUSTICE will be best 3/5 the entire tournament. The other games will be 2/3 until grand finals which will be 3/5.

STREET FIGHTER ALPHA GAUNTLET - This will be a best 2/3 total games. Best 3/5 matches for each game. The order of the games will be chosen each round by a random drawing.

MYSTERY GAME - This will be a mystery tournament. Any game from any genre could be included. Each round will have a different game. It will span all systems as far back as NES up to current gen.

All other games are using standard rule set. No bans.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1425822141028378/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=1

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If I didn't have to work, I would have driven down for this. :(

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I apparently fail and put todays date instead of the one it needs to be, it's actually this coming Saturday.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I apparently fail and put todays date instead of the one it needs to be, it's actually this coming Saturday.
I'll come stop by around 6 PM or so to watch Injustice, maybe play a few old school games. Not sure if I'll be able to enter since i dislocated my shoulder and I'm in a sling, itd be fun to do some casuals though.

I haven't been in the mall in years, since like Showcase shut down. Is it closer to Bass Pro and Kohls? Or is it on the back side of the mall where Biggs used to be?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'll come stop by around 6 PM or so to watch Injustice, maybe play a few old school games. Not sure if I'll be able to enter since i dislocated my shoulder and I'm in a sling, itd be fun to do some casuals though.

I haven't been in the mall in years, since like Showcase shut down. Is it closer to Bass Pro and Kohls? Or is it on the back side of the mall where Biggs used to be?
It's back near the Danberry Theatre and the food court.

Man, AL is one of the only things still open in that mall though XD

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
It's back near the Danberry Theatre and the food court.

Man, AL is one of the only things still open in that mall though XD
Yeah, I can't even remember the last time I've been in that mall. It was maybe a year after Bigg's shut down on the top floor. Hell I remember when there used to be rides and a bungee jump thing near the food court lol. I'll definitely be there though. Are they streaming EVO there as well?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yeah, I can't even remember the last time I've been in that mall. It was maybe a year after Bigg's shut down on the top floor. Hell I remember when there used to be rides and a bungee jump thing near the food court lol. I'll definitely be there though. Are they streaming EVO there as well?
Yes, EVO will be streamed on the projector screens during this event.

Also the bungie thing is still there and actually right outside the door to AL.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Yes, EVO will be streamed on the projector screens during this event.

Also the bungie thing is still there and actually right outside the door to AL.
Awesome, I think the finals start at noon on Saturday if I remember right so I'll be there pretty early.