What's new

Tech Juggle 112 otg setup

Troid

Spleens are overrated anyways....
I'm a little late posting this because of reasons but I decided to show this because I think it's not commonly used.
If you do 112 at the end of a juggle combo it applies a different type of knockdown than the regular hard knockdown of the grounded 112. This extended knockdown lets you set up a divepunch and get a combo potentially.

www.youtube.com/embed/Ios-lRuSN54

The caveat of this technique is that it can be tech rolled, and after the roll the opponent can do a wakeup/reversal attack. I'll be making another video dealing with that issue, but for now I think this is a decent setup, because it looks like a hard knockdown, so most people might not know to tech it.

www.youtube.com/embed/L2gvrYtvQIc

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Good stuff man, glad you re-made the video with more testing. Once you get the new patch, re-test that (unless someone else does, I might have time later this week) and re-film. I've never seen 112 used often (I only used it as a mixup) so good stuff thinking outside the box.

I was messing with this yesterday in the corner. Launching combo of your choice in the corner and then end with 11, 112. From there, I do Flying Ground Smash into 3 trait 3 MB freeze F2D1 3 LS 3 Breath. I think it does 58% or 60%. At work and cannot remember.

Troid

Sorry, I'm going to be late with the second video as well, since I have people over and can't really use the TV/have quiet to make the video. After testing a crapload of wakeups you might encounter after a tech, it seems like very few can actually punish the setups, and most actually allow you to punish them for countering; moreso midscreen than in the corner, but it doesn't leave you in that terrible of a position in most MU's.

Also good idea trying 11, 112, Vote, I hadn't thought of that.

EDIT: Sorry again for the delayed second part. I have most of the video I just have to finish recording some examples and edit it and I haven't had the time yet. I also may have found something else interesting as well, which I'm also toying around with to see if it's worth a mention.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Every character can wake up attack after getting hit by 112. If you set the roll back mode on they will recover quickly to do a wake up attack.

Troid

^^^^I know, the video will be about what wakeup attacks can actually punish the setup.

Troid

Okay, the second video is finally up. Sorry about the quality of the videos, especially on the second one; I'm working with a less than HD camera and windows movie maker so I don't have much to work with. I might try saving the video in a higher quality later and seeing if that helps, but for now I just wanted to get it done.

Troid

Yeah, if anyone wants to add to this feel free, whether it's making a better video (again sorry for the quality) or showing post-patch examples of it in use; since I don't have much time to do it myself, I have no easy access to the latest patch yet, and with no good way to record stuff it's hard wanting to bother after already showing the basic concept.