What's new

Joining the ranks.

Vagrant

Noob
So after years of hanging in the low tier section with my favorite yellow ninja and trying out everyone in the cast I'm set on sonya man.

Her play style is unique, she's safe (FINALLY!) , she does great damage, and she's alot more difficult to master than people think. I have her combos downish (lol I still drop that 2nd b21f2 in her 50%)
I watched a ton of high level sonya matches, read foxy and morties guides as well as various other threads and I'm pretty competent with her basic strategy so far. Been doing well online against good(?) players..... But well.... thats online lol.

I plan on taking her to Final Round in March and with that being said I need to soak up as much info and MU exp as I can. I have a few questions for the Sonya community

Any char specific MU info you can give me would be awesome. Priority chars would be her bad MU's (Freddy Kabal etc.) and any super common tournament char... (Rax, Lao, Jax, Cage etc.)

I noticed d4 after knock down interrupts or makes alot of wakeups whiff, is there a list of this on the forums? Any specific char where d4 is safe after knockdown against all of their wakeups?

any other advice, shenanigans, or things to remember you guys want to give me is greatly apreciated. I'm glad I made the switch.

God damn this bitch is deadly.

Vagrant

Noob
You seriously picked her up?

Our friendship is over.
Lol yeah man I paid my dues. I played pretty much one char since release day and took him to a tournament, even knocked out a Kitana lol! But I think Sonya gives me the best oppurtunity to seriously compete and place well at a tournament level. (Not immediately lol I have so much shit to learn) I can't keep playing the vortex/void game, MK has evolved, the metagame has evolved, the players have evolved and it's time for me as a player to evolve as well. Which is the main priority this year.

Sorry for the wall of text lol any time you wanna get matches in hmu. I love running the Sonya Cage matchup. Need reptile exp as well.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Lol yeah man I paid my dues. I played pretty much one char since release day and took him to a tournament, even knocked out a Kitana lol! But I think Sonya gives me the best oppurtunity to seriously compete and place well at a tournament level. (Not immediately lol I have so much shit to learn) I can't keep playing the vortex/void game, MK has evolved, the metagame has evolved, the players have evolved and it's time for me as a player to evolve as well. Which is the main priority this year.

Sorry for the wall of text lol any time you wanna get matches in hmu. I love running the Sonya Cage matchup. Need reptile exp as well.
If you need help with the Sonya-Rep MU, I can give you a little write up tomorrow via PM if you're interested.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I guess it's official, then. Welcome, Vagrant, to the Special Forces! :)

As far as match-ups go, she actually has options for almost all of them...a certain nightmare in our dreams appears to be invincible against her (Freddy Krueger). :( Everyone else, she can compete quite well with. Your switch to Sonya was wise.

Good luck.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
What if I challenged you to a first to 10 match on XBL Sonya vs Sheeva, if I win you have to keep playing Scorpion for another month but if I lose, you can play Sonya and I won't call you a tier whore.

Vagrant

Noob
What if I challenged you to a first to 10 match on XBL Sonya vs Sheeva, if I win you have to keep playing Scorpion for another month but if I lose, you can play Sonya and I won't call you a tier whore.
I'm still gonna play sonya. But if you win i'll go scorp for one of my matches at Shang Tsungs Fight Night in February

I understand this community is fairly new to posting tournaments and whatnot. Some of you might already be experienced, but for those that aren't. I will post these simple rules for creating new threads that advertise tournaments.

Whether they are offline or online. If you are confused, just come back to this thread, it will help organize the forum and keep "confusion" away from our threads. Thank you.

OFFLINE TOURNAMENT GUIDE
EVENT NAME - LOCATION (City, State) - DATE (mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yyyy)

Besides the title of the thread, the post should contain the street location of the event, games being played, entry fee, overall tournament format and rules & exceptions.

If you make a mistake on the thread title, simply double click the background of the thread you made in the thread listing screen, do not create another thread please, we are trying to keep this as clean as possible.
Seriously that bitch shuts down all his options every where on the screen lol