What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Swarm Queen Johnny Vs D'vorah MU

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
How does everyone deal with this MU? Having a bit of trouble in the MU, cant really deal with his pressure due to her armour not being that great and he still breaks her armour with 11/12.

I've heard people say this is in D'vorahs favour 6-4 but I'm struggling to see how, any JC mains out there feel free to explain why she beats him in the MU/what problems he has with her etc

ty

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I have always been a bit of a downplayer, shamelessly, but I think it is 5-5. Our pressure is amazing, Johnny's pressure is amazing (speaking on behalf of A List for which Im more familiar.) Our pokes and air control is exponentially better than Johnny's, but he has an armor launcher that is difficult to not really punishable cause fuck push block. Essentially if we get him in the corner... good mother fucking luck Johnny! But if he gets up close and holds the face to face spacing then we're kinda panicking.

The only advice I can give is A: try to hold that d3 distance with Johnny, we can definitely out space that mo fo. B: Look for the patterns and when he staggers 11. Remember his low ending string cancel is negative or neutral I think, we can poke out of that and same goes for his overhead string (I'm pretty sure, don't quote me). So just guessing game all day once he gets his pressure started. I agree I don't do as well against it. I generally avoid stagger strings unless Johnny has no meter, his pokes aren't particularly great besides his low profiling one. Which we can blow up with u3.

The only advice I can give is A: try to hold that d3 distance with Johnny, we can definitely out space that mo fo. B: Look for the patterns and when he staggers 11. Remember his low ending string cancel is negative or neutral I think, we can poke out of that and same goes for his overhead string (I'm pretty sure, don't quote me). So just guessing game all day once he gets his pressure started. I agree I don't do as well against it. I generally avoid stagger strings unless Johnny has no meter, his pokes aren't particularly great besides his low profiling one. Which we can blow up with u3.
Against a-list I can add, that you must be slightly out of range of d3, because you can't beat his f3 on reaction.
- A-list loves whiff-punish with f3, and when we know when he press f3 we can beat it. Whiff d3>d4/f22 is our main weapon.
- React at 1 or 11 and answer back with d1 extremely important!
- 113 SK cancel is +1 on block and you can poke d1 after it, you win and get your turn for pressure.
- 113 mb fireball you can block first and neutral duck second (d'vorah's hearbox is incredible :3) and even punish him.
- Always answer on his blocked d4 with f11 pressure.
- Your f112 bc 2>"shimmy-like" bait didn't work against his d4.
- dk can use slightly charged flip kick > d4 at his corner pressure without stamina, flip kick -1, you can do f112 after this.
- He can't wake up against you, because of d3. Use it on max range as meaty and he will suffer:^)

Last edited: