What's new

Strategy Johnny Cage Wake-up

SubbYWubbY

I'm bad please teach me
Screwing around in training mode...I found out Sub sweep beats Every wake-up option JC has except nut punch( but who wakes up with nut punch.)

Don't believe me? Try it in practice :)

CHEERS!

Just tested this and if you time the sweep perfectly it will even make nut punch whiff.

As if Cage needed this.

SubbYWubbY

I'm bad please teach me
Hehe no problem just making an unbalanced match-up even more unbalanced :3

I just thought about posting this after watching Tom Brady play that Johnny Cage (his name escapes me at the moment.)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Personally, I've accepted that Johnny is hardly a tournament viable character post-patch, I just enjoy playing the character. Still, it's a tad ridiculous how many bad MUs he has now.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Just tested this and if you time the sweep perfectly it will even make nut punch whiff.

As if Cage needed this.
Guys, it would be nice if someone could test this against all character's wake up.

I mean I didn't knew about Cage, since I have nearly zero experience against him, but theres others character's wake up that Sub-Zero can win with his overhead or sweep. Exemple: Rain's dolphin. I believe that if well timed Spartan Kick also wins against Ermac's Force Push wake up, not 100% accurate on this tho.

Unfortunately I don't have any console otherwise I would have tested it already and posted in here the results. It's a very good info to keep in mind.

SubbYWubbY

I'm bad please teach me
Guys, it would be nice if someone could test this against all character's wake up.

I mean I didn't knew about Cage, since I have nearly zero experience against him, but theres others character's wake up that Sub-Zero can win with his overhead or sweep. Exemple: Rain's dolphin. I believe that if well timed Spartan Kick also wins against Ermac's Force Push wake up, not 100% accurate on this tho.

Unfortunately I don't have any console otherwise I would have tested it already and posted in here the results. It's a very good info to keep in mind.
Dude I know if I had an Xbox I would take the time to test everyone. I only took the time to test JC because I have a friend who mains him and he's like a brother to me so it was kinda sibling rivalry to beat him by any means. So I picked the worst match-up and learn some gimmicks to win :3

Tested Raiden and it's possible to whiff all his wake ups. Timing is strict though on super man and you still have teleport to deal with.

It's not hard to tell which ones will hit for sure on sweep, just look at the character roster and you can automatically tell. For example, it's common sense Noob's shadows aren't gonna whiff.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Tested Raiden and it's possible to whiff all his wake ups. Timing is strict though on super man and you still have teleport to deal with.

It's not hard to tell which ones will hit for sure on sweep, just look at the character roster and you can automatically tell. For example, it's common sense Noob's shadows aren't gonna whiff.
I don't think you can automatically tell just by looking, man. lol It's really necessary a good knowledge of the game and a lot of testing.

Are you guys testing this against a human? Because the dummy set to wake up attacks on is not very reliable to say the least. Example, I can sweep dummy Sektor dash in with 2,2 and it will beat his ex wakeup tele everytime! Against a human this almost never works tho, I assure you. Practice mode is buggy as hell.