What's new

Question - Stunt Double johnny cage pokes

omooba

fear the moobs
this is actually for every variation. can we please get better pokes. like d'vorah level pokes. concidering the fact that our only low is in a combo i feel like we deserve better goddamn pokes. i'll admit d4 has good range and d1 isn't mediocre but that's not enough. if we had d'vorah's pokes then we could frustrate our opponents more causing them to block low. i'm necessarily asking for more range just make it faster.

Wigy

There it is...
D4 has a great profile, but its not particularly fast and hasn't got amazing advantage comparatively.
His d1 and d3 are pretty ass. For a rushdown character who is -ive or 0 on all his pressure, i don't see why this is.
One of the main things that put me off johnny.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
D4 has a great profile, but its not particularly fast and hasn't got amazing advantage comparatively.
His d1 and d3 are pretty ass. For a rushdown character who is -ive or 0 on all his pressure, i don't see why this is.
One of the main things that put me off johnny.
D4 is really plus on hit and only -1 on block. Has great range and comes out in 11 frames... What more do you want?

Audit

Falls down too much
this is actually for every variation. can we please get better pokes. like d'vorah level pokes. concidering the fact that our only low is in a combo i feel like we deserve better goddamn pokes. i'll admit d4 has good range and d1 isn't mediocre but that's not enough. if we had d'vorah's pokes then we could frustrate our opponents more causing them to block low. i'm necessarily asking for more range just make it faster.
You "deserve" nothing.

Wigy

There it is...
D4 is really plus on hit and only -1 on block. Has great range and comes out in 11 frames... What more do you want?
His d4 is an excellent tool, but there is characters with more+/faster pokes, and their d1/d3 aren't nearly as bad as his. If i was designing johnny given his other tools, i would see no reason for him not to have a 6-7f d1/d3.

I dropped him at the start cause i wanted to get used to the way the game played and he seemed a difficult starter character. I might be entirely wrong cause i haven't put as much time in to him as some of you guys, but just on paper can you explain why his d1 and d3 are bad. I can maybe get his d3 being bad as it would be a low and a fast low and his f2 would be scary.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
JC doesnt really need it. D4 is so retardedly good. It low profile you so far down that you end up in china. Also a experienced player that knows that 113 end up in a low gets almost a 50/50. Just do 11 -> f34 and mix up with 113.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I've had no problems using any of his pokes. D1 is fast enough to counter poke and his D4 is ridiculously good. That shit low profiles Gunslinger Erron Blacks SOS mid shot. MID SHOT. It also low profiles all of Reptiles force balls and it low profiles certain interactables.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
What is it with the whole "X-oriented character should have Y frame data" recently? Especially when it concerns pokes?

Some of you need to dilute the entitled inner-MK9 mindset.

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I was with you at this point...but

What in the fuck are you talking about?
I do believe that he is saying you can use his 113 for pressure and get a combo off an opponent. As in 11, 11, into 113/f2,4/f3,4/etc. to mess with your opponent :p thats just my take on it, though xD

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wrong JC has some of the better pokes in the game a long range D4 that's only -1 and low profiles and a decent 8 frame d1 that's only-3 and great for stunt pressure lol

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I've had no problems using any of his pokes. D1 is fast enough to counter poke and his D4 is ridiculously good. That shit low profiles Gunslinger Erron Blacks SOS mid shot. MID SHOT. It also low profiles all of Reptiles force balls and it low profiles certain interactables.
I was like dafuq is this guy talking about better pokes lmao.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Lol JC D4 is godlike you have to chill. D3 is also not bad either; Just mash that shit out when you are doing 11 staggers. +12 on hit and it doesn't push back lol.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Don't forget about F3, a really solid whiff punisher at i10.

Especially when you can make it + on block in A-List and SD and combo on hit.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
No kidding. He may as well asked. "Nrs please give me the best tools in the game, k thanks bye."