What's new

Johnny Cage Forceball trap?

What exactly is the forceball trap i see people do it all the time, i don't know what its for. In which situation should i use that string?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
his enhanced fireball when it hits a blocking foe grants him +3 frames of advantage add all of his fast attacks his foe will take a lot of chip damage.

Any string cancelled into ex forceball. ex forceball on block gives advantage, and is one of the reasons JC is so dangerous. F3 3 B3 ex forceball can be done 5 times with full meter and can take out half your opponent's health. People say F3 3 B3 doesn't jail (meaning the opponent can duck under the ex forceball). I'm not sure if that's true, but F3 3 jails for sure. You can do that 4 times for about 1/3 of their health at full meter.

The Forceball trap means Cage gets the advantage, so up close you can do f+3 again and it can't be interrupted except with X-Ray or enhanced moves. Best used after JIP or standing opponents. For example, JIP, f+3,3 EX Forceball, then continue to pressure with desired tools, but preferably f+3.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The loop can be prevented from being continued until meter is out by transistioning to crouch block after the force balls hit, fyi. So off a jump in punch only one loop of F3,3 xx EX force ball into another F3 is guarenteed.

Alright so I just did some testing and I can say that at midscreen, F3 3 B3 will not jail into ex force ball. However, because of the push back from the string the second hit of the ex force ball will hit mid, so they have to block anyways (although it is possible they can get a d4 to snuff it out). F33B3 does jail in the corner though.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Alright so I just did some testing and I can say that at midscreen, F3 3 B3 will not jail into ex force ball. However, because of the push back from the string the second hit of the ex force ball will hit mid, so they have to block anyways (although it is possible they can get a d4 to snuff it out). F33B3 does jail in the corner though.
Nice man, well doing F3,3,B3 ex forceball in the corner definitely solves the forceball passing through people in the corner issue. Thanks