What's new

Johnny Cage Combo Problem

I'm picking up Johnny Cage because i like his fightstyle and he can do some nice juggles.
when i do 21F2 Dash 44 Flipkick i've got some problems.
or sometimes i'm not close enough, and almost all the time i'll do instead of 44 i do a axe kick. and i don't want to do that.
same goes for if i launch my oppent with B3.
how can i solve this?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You aint learning johnny if you are doing those moves lol

Here is his proper move: 21f2, dash 2, dash 2, 4,4, nutpunch

Leaves you at extreme advantage so you can continue pressure.

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
You aint learning johnny if you are doing those moves lol

Here is his proper move: 21f2, dash 2, dash 2, 4,4, nutpunch

Leaves you at extreme advantage so you can continue pressure.
No troll, you have that horribly wrong mate. You cant connect 2 after the 21f2 launch. the combo you put is off his roundhouse

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sorry, I mixed them up. Dont play cage often. But I remember his annoying nut punch enders.. gah.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'm picking up Johnny Cage because i like his fightstyle and he can do some nice juggles.
or sometimes i'm not close enough, and almost all the time i'll do instead of 44 i do a axe kick. and i don't want to do that.
how can i solve this?
It isn't easy to connect 44 after 21f2...only advice I can give you is try this many times in practice mode.
You do the axe kick because you input 4 when you are still dashing.

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
yeah they are beast, incase you wanted to know his midscreen nutpunch ender of the 21f2 is: 21f2, Dash, f32, Dash, f32, nutpunch. :D

Oke, i'll try it.
And do you guys think it is a good choice to pickup johhny for the bad matchups off my other characters.
my other characters are:
Mileena/Subzero and sometimes Smoke.

NariTuba

disMember
how can i solve this?
The reson you get the axe kick (f4) is that you are still holding forward when you input the 4. Make sure you release it before trying to continue the combo.

An easier alternative is 21f2 - dash - f3xnutpunch.

yeah they are beast, incase you wanted to know his midscreen nutpunch ender of the 21f2 is: 21f2, Dash, f32, Dash, f32, nutpunch. :D
Im pretty sure f32 sends them flying across the room after 21f2. Theres no way to dash and connect anything else after it.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Good nutpunch combos that start with 21f2:

21f2; dash; f3;f3xxnutpunch
21f2; dash; 44xxEXnutpunch

Oke, i'll try it.
And do you guys think it is a good choice to pickup johhny for the bad matchups off my other characters.
my other characters are:
Mileena/Subzero and sometimes Smoke.
If you want to play using JC, why should you change character?
Changing character because of the matchup is lame and cheap.

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
Im pretty sure f32 sends them flying across the room after 21f2. Theres no way to dash and connect anything else after it.[/QUOTE said:
Sorry man its late over here :(, i meant 21f2, > ,f3, > ,f3, Nutpunch. :p

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
JC isnt about saving meter. most of the time after the 2,1,f2, dash, 4,4 I end with EX nut punch. 21f2 dash f3, NP is NOT easy to land consistently so I just dont try. I'd rather end it and start a frame trap where I'll get that chunk of meter back in about 6-10 seconds.

also, if you are having trouble landing the 4,4...you have to pause after you do the dash to allow almost the full animation to come out. It takes practice if you're new to him.

NariTuba

disMember
JC isnt about saving meter. most of the time after the 2,1,f2, dash, 4,4 I end with EX nut punch. 21f2 dash f3, NP is NOT easy to land consistently so I just dont try. I'd rather end it and start a frame trap where I'll get that chunk of meter back in about 6-10 seconds.

also, if you are having trouble landing the 4,4...you have to pause after you do the dash to allow almost the full animation to come out. It takes practice if you're new to him.
I get 21f2 dash f3 consistently. I prefer saving my meter for Ex fireball pressure. Its a matter of personal preferrence i suppose.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
can someone around here can post HIS gameplay or from someone other who's good post it here please.
hey, i put up a thread recently about examining REO's - a high caliber tournament player, cage's gameplay. There was alot of good information to learn from that thread. Where lots of newbie and advanced players would benefit. Took me about an hour of watching and note-taking. Its somehow magically dissappeared. They, the moderators should have sent me a private message.

Frankly, I wasn't aware testyourmight.com was hosted on a communist china server. Where's the forum users right to freedom of information and expression.

Down with totalitarianism. Down with oppression. Down with censorship.

Edit: Just found the post moved to another thread, under Fighting Philsophy. I guess I was wrong about the whole censorship thing, but I would appreciate a headsup. Thanks.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I could film some of my matches... its just online is terrible for Johnny because of input delay and lag. You have to be precise with him in so many factors and its difficult when youre facing someone whos zoning like crazy.