What's new

Johhny Cage V Liu Kang Matchup.

Didn't saw that they've spoken about this matchup in the "Johnny Cage match-up thread" so i tought i'd ask i'd here because it's realy important for me.

What would the match-up rating be between Johnny Cage and Liu Kang.
And why?

Thank you.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
It looks like a Pretty even 5-5 match up. But it's really 6-4 in Johnny's favor. His pressure is so much better IMO and he has a better wake up game than Liu.

online i come against this matchup alot, I just keep the pressure on with f3 strings, block low, and uppercut alot. only thing liu kang has over cage is fireballs but enhanced shadow kick usually makes them stop spamming.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Liu Kang has the advantage in the zoning war, Cage has the advantage in the pressure war.

On offense they are about the same. Cage gets all of his damage off of forcing you into block traps and then catching you with normals when buttons are pressed because all of his normals leave him at advantage.

Liu Kang has crazy mix up potential and really nice resets so offensively hes on the same level as Cage for different reasons.

Liu Kang can get pressured on wake up for free which is where Cage gets his advantage.

Cage can get zoned by Liu Kang which is where Liu gets his advantage. (No ex-straight kick isn't an answer to zoning because it pushes his enemy really far back).

I'd call it 5-5.