What's new

JIP to U3>4 and also B2 to air missile mix-ups.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hi,

I just picked up Sektor a few days ago, but I have found a few very cool mix-ups and interesting tid-bits. If you're fast enough, you can combo a JIP to U3>4 and further combo off that. It appears like there should be enough time to block the U3>4 after a JIP, but it still counts as a combo and requires the opponent to do a standing block although the U3>4 looks like a 'low' hit. As far as I can tell, U3>4 is Sektor's only 'medium' hit other than a JIP.

The other cool thing I've been doing is ending combos like this. After tele-uppercut, I do B2 to air missile to keep the pressure on. Then while they're in the animation of getting up, I'll do U3>4 to tele-uppercut, or B3, 4 to tele-uppercut, or just a throw. If they're aggressive with wake-up attacks, I'll do a close air missile instead and stay back doing his flamethrower move. This looks like a pretty decent 50/50 mix-up. I really like Sektor because you need to be REALLY fast to keep the pressure on.

What do you guys think?

ryublaze

Noob
Up Missile pressure is fun but can backfire if you guess wrong. U3, 4 can't be hit confirmed into Teleport Uppercut and you can be punished so you might as well go for a throw or pressure strings. If you end with 1, Up Missile you'll have enough time to block most wake-up attacks. B2, Up Missile does more damage but wake-up attacks like Kung Lao's spin can hit you before you can block. If you want to use In Front/Behind Up Missiles you should end with D4, In Front/Behind Up Missile since it is easier to input than 1, In Front/Behind Up Missile.

It is also beneficial to know your opponent's wake-up attacks. For example, against Reptile and Jade it's best to end with B2, Flame Burner. I made a topic for best Up Missile enders (not finished yet) so you might want to check that out.

Btw, he has another medium which is the last 2 of 1, 2, 2.

The B2>Up missile ender is extremely unsafe, especially since the patch now that everyone is more aggressive with wake-ups. Sektor's best combo ender is 12>Up Missile/Flameburner. 12 makes an Up Missile safe and creates more space with a Flameburner, and while you are sacrificing damage, you aren't loosing more than two or three percent.

And as RedRaptor said, U34 isn't hit conformable, so if they guess right and you go for a TU, you are in trouble.

EXTU is safer but in that situation it's really not worth the meter, in my opinion. You're better off just doing U34 to make them respect the mid. Once they know that it's there and you're willing to use it, they'll block high more which will leave them open for b34.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Hi,

I just picked up Sektor a few days ago, but I have found a few very cool mix-ups and interesting tid-bits. If you're fast enough, you can combo a JIP to U3>4 and further combo off that. It appears like there should be enough time to block the U3>4 after a JIP, but it still counts as a combo and requires the opponent to do a standing block although the U3>4 looks like a 'low' hit. As far as I can tell, U3>4 is Sektor's only 'medium' hit other than a JIP.

The other cool thing I've been doing is ending combos like this. After tele-uppercut, I do B2 to air missile to keep the pressure on. Then while they're in the animation of getting up, I'll do U3>4 to tele-uppercut, or B3, 4 to tele-uppercut, or just a throw. If they're aggressive with wake-up attacks, I'll do a close air missile instead and stay back doing his flamethrower move. This looks like a pretty decent 50/50 mix-up. I really like Sektor because you need to be REALLY fast to keep the pressure on.

What do you guys think?
Sektor is great character...........try 122 up missile(if 122 hit you have free jump and is overhead)....very good use and specialy in the corner. You can jump more often then any other caracter cause you have air teleport uppercut......if you want to use the u34 to tele-uppercut teach your oponent to block low on jip with b34(if b34 is block do 12b1 imidiatly)...if any of those connect you get a combo to reset up missile if you want.....You just have to be agresive with Sektor...........D1 is his best poke------even an anty air to combo...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Since the U3 4 is a safe overhead why not use it anyway? Doesnt HAVE to lead to a combo, it can just be used to make the other guy fear stand blocking after a JIP. Its not as if knocking ur opponent away is a bad thing with Sektor too, thats where you want them to be really?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
sometimes I like to do the stance overhead to homing missile

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
That is not a bad idea..........just don't do anything stupid if the ex tele-uppercut is blocked
It is a bad idea, it'll only work if they dont think you're gonna go for a tele due to it being unsafe, more often then not a D1 or something from sektor is expected, so you just waste meter.

Robotic

Gentleman.
It is a bad idea, it'll only work if they dont think you're gonna go for a tele due to it being unsafe, more often then not a D1 or something from sektor is expected, so you just waste meter.
What's the problem with just chipping away at a crouch blocked opponent? Stance overhead is a viable threat, but I find the button inputs to be a bit cumbersome - especially with the speed of the game - when I can just throw my opponent and see how they wake up after getting slammed. As far as chip goes, I'd also rather b1, b21 and 214 on a crouch blocked opponent as these are all safe on block (?). When they become accustomed to the 214 when they're crouching, 21 can be cancelled into ANYTHING, as you all know. 122 every once in a while (so you don't get punished in the middle of it) is awesome too. Too many options besides overhead I'd rather do.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
What's the problem with just chipping away at a crouch blocked opponent? Stance overhead is a viable threat, but I find the button inputs to be a bit cumbersome - especially with the speed of the game - when I can just throw my opponent and see how they wake up after getting slammed. As far as chip goes, I'd also rather b1, b21 and 214 on a crouch blocked opponent as these are all safe on block (?). When they become accustomed to the 214 when they're crouching, 21 can be cancelled into ANYTHING, as you all know. 122 every once in a while (so you don't get punished in the middle of it) is awesome too. Too many options besides overhead I'd rather do.
chipping away is fine, it's just a waste of meter. You could do that with something meterless :p

The B3,4,EXTU i mean

Robotic

Gentleman.
chipping away is fine, it's just a waste of meter. You could do that with something meterless :p

The B3,4,EXTU i mean
Of course, I wasn't directing my question to your u34 into EXTU issue - I don't think that's a good idea either - I was asking the forum in general about chipping. I stated what I do when my opponent likes to duck a lot. What do you guys do if not u34? A smart cookie will see your leg lift and block high. That also means we can u334, but I find all this to be unnecessary sometimes when I can do all the stuff I've already mentioned.

Of course, I wasn't directing my question to your u34 into EXTU issue - I don't think that's a good idea either - I was asking the forum in general about chipping. I stated what I do when my opponent likes to duck a lot. What do you guys do if not u34? A smart cookie will see your leg lift and block high. That also means we can u334, but I find all this to be unnecessary sometimes when I can do all the stuff I've already mentioned.
If I'm fighting someone who likes to duck, I usually go for 122>Flameburner. If the second 2 caches, great. If not, most people go for a punsih after it so I catch them with the fire. And even if they continue to block, I've just created quite a lot of space and set them up for the back-to-back Flameburner.

Robotic

Gentleman.
If I'm fighting someone who likes to duck, I usually go for 122>Flameburner. If the second 2 caches, great. If not, most people go for a punsih after it so I catch them with the fire. And even if they continue to block, I've just created quite a lot of space.
Don't forget, 124 combos now and the 4 chips crouch blocking opponents; it can be followed by torch or missile. If you're in a matchup where distance is better than up close, I find d3 into d4 into standing 4 immediate torch to work wonders for getting people off you and giving you breathing room.

Roko1985

What about if you do d3 into d4 into flame burner......after the blocked ex tele-uppercut...? You are building good meter back so why not to try your luck sometimes........? You can mix it with stance low and overhead............after JIP i am talking about........

Roko1985

I ment d3 into d4 into 4 flame burner.after blocked ex tele-uppercut......

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
If I'm fighting someone who likes to duck, I usually go for 122>Flameburner. If the second 2 caches, great. If not, most people go for a punsih after it so I catch them with the fire. And even if they continue to block, I've just created quite a lot of space and set them up for the back-to-back Flameburner.
Personal favourite. The string and the back to back Flameburner.