What's new

Jax's Hit Advantages off of a landed D+1, D+3 & D+4

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
At the moment,
The frama data thread doesn't list Jax's hit advantage or block advantage but I feel like Jax mainers can get a feel off of it. I know it's somewhat universal in the same range for almost everyone's pokes especially if they have the typical start-up (6f, 7f, 12f) but the exact number of frames we get after we land a poke could really help me build a better pressure game with Jax.

In my experiences,
I can say fairly confidently I believe his D+1 gets +3 and his D+3 gets +1; it certainly doesn't feel like it's as much as D+1 but I could be wrong. His D+4 gets close to 13 frames it feels like but I can't say for sure.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
d4 is atleast +9 frames since you can guarentee a f4 afterwards. d3 and d1 I'm not too sure, but d1 seems to give you more frames to work with than his d3. I'd say your assumptions are probably very close to being right.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
OmegaK
Thank you for answering so quickly. I believe you're right.

The more I play with Jax; the more I begin to fall in love with the way you have to play him to win and be successful with him. He's a bull, but you need to be patient & always prepared. I just love being able to punish Rain's teleport every_single_time when I run matches against my friend. Jax's F+4 is so awesome.

Also,
I know this is off-topic but it would help a lot and I don't want to make a new thread but is there any way to determine when exactly to hit your Ground Pound in the corner after a landed Overhead Smash?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
do you mean EX ground pound or regular one? You can do the EX at any time, and you can time the regular one by doing it straight after a whiffed gotcha grab. :)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
BodamEscapePlan

You're talking about the EX Ground Pound to initiate the corner resets, I'm presuming? Do it immediately following the overhead smash. I like to do 1212 OH Smash and 121212121212 (I believe it's 6 sets; haven't played Jax in a while) choke. This is next to impossible online, however.

LEGEND

YES!
something is wrong with his D3 on block or it might be the hitbox on F4, idk

it doesn't seem like its possible to counter a blocked D3 with your own D3 if the jax player follows up with F4 even though D3 is generally -7 on block

advantage on hit i know D1 is less than D3 and D4 gets a free grapple mix-up so its <+10

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I was testing d1 and d3 this monday with Keep it moist and the advantage from a hit d1 and d3 was pretty small. I'd say +1 or +2. God damn I want me some frame data. :(

many of jax attacks on whiff are pretty bad. missing one can loose you a match faster then you can think of following up with f4. if your fighting someone with good footsies that is. his attacks must be 0 to +1 on block since they feature almost 0 pushback. but I don't think he has any of the frame advantage that could jail some one for over 2 maybe 4 frames since the execution is so fast.