What's new

Jax anti sonya wakeup tech

So basically this tech doesnt take a mad scientist to figure out, but it does take the ability to make good reads, so basically if timed right n ur positive ur opponent will wake up immediately u can do a standing 4 into air gotcha grab, and if timed right it will beat out most of her wakeups, even ex cartwheel, the standing 4 it definitely good because u can also hit confirm into regular GG, hit the lab try it out it works, also if u dont confirm standing 4 into regular GG but do the anti air GG instead its great because it puts ur opponent into stumble so u wont be punished for it...just throwing it out there guys..

Ive tested it and it beats out
Ex arc kick
Ex kiss
Ex leg grab
And ex cartweel

All when timed correctly

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I've never heard of something specifically for Jax that beats all of Sonya's wake up options, but it's still a bit hard to tell you something without knowing what it is.
I understand what you mean now, though. I kinda thought you were joking.

Well, instead of posting in the QnA thread, you've already spent the time making a thread. You had might as well tell us what you've found.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You need to talk to EMPEROR_DARK on this. He's done things like d4 - Air Gotcha Grab that beat out Sonya's EX Cartwheel on Wake-Up. I quickly realized how Jax is the kind of character that can effectively negate some of Sonya's options.

I doubt it'll beat ex leg grab. Ex wake up attacks have 20f of invincibility. Practice mode dummy doesn't have this 20f.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Ive tested it and it beats out
Ex arc kick
Ex kiss
Ex leg grab
And ex cartweel
are you testing outside of training mode?
the 20 invin. frames that are given to ex wakeups dont happen in training mode unless tab is set to "human" and a person does the inputs

Well im at work on the vita trying this stuff, u guys would be able to test it out before i can but i will try, also note u can throw in a ex gotcha grab during moves like leg throw on wakeup after the standing 4 and see what that does....im just over here experimenting lol

LEGEND

YES!
D4-Air GG is simply better in every way and has been common knowledge to anyone who knows the MU for a While

Did this really need its own thread?
-
Sorry to be a dick :confused:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
D4-Air GG is simply better in every way and has been common knowledge to anyone who knows the MU for a While

Did this really need its own thread?
-
Sorry to be a dick :confused:
Hush before I infract you. :p

Jokes aside, some of us still aren't fully aware of the ups and downs in this match-up...I am one of those players. :(

Seapeople

This one's for you
are you testing outside of training mode?
the 20 invin. frames that are given to ex wakeups dont happen in training mode unless tab is set to "human" and a person does the inputs
Have you tried doing a knockdown in training and then setting the AI to expert or any other difficulty? I wonder if that will give it the 20 frames of wakeup invincibility. Haven't tried it myself yet though

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I was toyin' around lookin' for some new tech against Sonya. Even a D4 when timed right beats out all of her wake ups. I couldn't do it anymore after a while, so I wouldn't advise people do it, but it does work.

I could easily see 4 Gotcha grab doing something similar, maybe it's more consistent.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Have you tried doing a knockdown in training and then setting the AI to expert or any other difficulty? I wonder if that will give it the 20 frames of wakeup invincibility. Haven't tried it myself yet though
im not sure,
somberness didnt mention it when he was explaining you had to have human turned out if expert AI worked also.
could be something to check out alright