What's new

Jargon Help!

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Hi guys complete noob to the forums and quite a noob to MK.. at least competitevly, I have recently starting taking a big intrest in MK9 and absolutely love it, i was just wondering if some one could make a list of the jargon words you use round here so i know what im reading lol.. for example wtf does "reset" mean and all the other jargon, thanks guys!

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Welcome! hopefully you grow to love this community as much as I have!

reset means ending a combo, and starting a new one. generally the second combo that is started is inescapable, but there are a few that are mixup related.

50/50 - when your opponent has to guess whether your going to hit them overhead or with a low.

Fuzzy guard - when you block high n low consecutively, and your character does not stand up/duck and just blocks the attack. usually done by releasing down/up

MK uses a number system to communicate inputs. for example. F4 would be Forward + B or circle button depending on the system you are on. 1 = X,square 2 = Y,Triangle 3 = A,X 4 = b, Circle these are default settings, it will change depending, but I dont know which is LP,HP w/e..ill let someone else handle that lol

Hope this helps!

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Welcome! hopefully you grow to love this community as much as I have!

reset means ending a combo, and starting a new one. generally the second combo that is started is inescapable, but there are a few that are mixup related.

50/50 - when your opponent has to guess whether your going to hit them overhead or with a low.

Fuzzy guard - when you block high n low consecutively, and your character does not stand up/duck and just blocks the attack. usually done by releasing down/up

MK uses a number system to communicate inputs. for example. F4 would be Forward + B or circle button depending on the system you are on. 1 = X,square 2 = Y,Triangle 3 = A,X 4 = b, Circle these are default settings, it will change depending, but I dont know which is LP,HP w/e..ill let someone else handle that lol

Hope this helps!
Yeah man that helped a lot thanks for that! I'm sure i will grow to love it here since other forums i've asked for help in generally hate noobs lol, anyway im only now getting into MK properly because i got really into MK3 but i was quite young when that came out, i liked the 3D ones on the PS2 to an extent... but never enough to play them for more than 10 mins lol, however I have had MK9 for a few months and i find it to a be a mind blowingly good game and i really wanna be able to compete online at a good standard.. hence trying to study stuff on here